1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Posts in Fred's no longer count toward post count

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, Aug 31, 2011.

1. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I wish you guys would stop talking about me.

Tom

xs650, cwerdna and markderail like this.
  2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good idea.....me too.

3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It works!!!!

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok, not sure what this changes since post counts mean nothing to me. many of the best contributions come from people who have been here for years, only say something that they can speak well of so they may only have 1,000 posts, but 90% of them impart very valuable information.

as for taking FHOP posts out. i find that a high percentage of the posts in the other categories probably belong in FHOP anyway. (i am guilty!!)

as far as "like" ...well, i like them. but if looking for a metric for some sort of "expertise" measurement, maybe a 5 star feedback system as it applies to Prius info/hybrid tech only?

either way. i am ok. i voluntarily give up 4,184 posts. now keep in mind, the "say only X words" threads, i probably have less than a few dozen of those

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i am soooo thankful i am not the co-worker who asked you "how your weekend went"

xs650 likes this.
  6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    PriusSport: Before Fred's, there were lots of off-topic threads in the car forums. This was a distraction. Fred's was implemented for a purpose: To keep those discussions separate. It served its purpose well.

Then as the Prius became more mainstream and all the conservatives started buying what had been a "liberal" car, Fred's began to become overwhelmed by vitriolic political rants, thus Fred's Politics was born.

Both serve a useful purpose. The alternative would be to ban non-car-related discussions, but Danny wants this to be a community, not just a car-discussion board.

Hiding posts in Fred's from the New Posts list would probably appeal to some people and annoy others. Doesn't matter to me because I don't use that function. I just open the forums I want to look at, which presently are Other Cars, Fred's, and Environment.

xs650 likes this.
  7. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It wouldn't be much of an inconvenience, you either click view new posts for all the Prius related stuff, or enter Fred's for the non-Prius related stuff. I'm sure Danny could even add a link that would take folks directly to Fred's much like the view new posts link gives you all the latest Prius posts!

8. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Shoot...

:jaw:

9. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've noticed that posts in Fred's seem to have fallen off sharply since this announcement. I'm told that wasn't the intent, but it seems to have had that effect. Am I imagining things? Has anyone else noticed a change?

10. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I now put my sheep comments in the main forum. That's the big difference.

Tom

11. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    As a newbie I love going through the technical car stuff, reading up on the fun and the quirkiness of Prius in the main forums and FHOP was a nice surprise!

The "coffee shop" with great technical knowledge and interesting discussions keeps me refilling the coffee cup and coming back for more....my best discovery in 2012 before my purchase and after.

Many thanks to everyone!

hyo silver likes this.