1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Power Accessory while car is off for constant 12V power

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by RD_CDN_newbie, Nov 27, 2012.

1. RD_CDN_newbie

RD_CDN_newbie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    What would it take to get a power accessory plug installed so that one port is always live with power or a bypass so that one of the current accessory port could be always on. Current accessory ports turn off when car off. I need to constantly have 12V of power to run a low wattage video camera.

Background. I was a victim of a hit and run in front of my house. Bumper, hub cap, rear quarter panel, inside are of back door connected with rear quarter panel, diver side panel for door will likely need replacing. Car is only 4 months old. I wont know until December 11 who much this repair is going to cost.

The paint residue on left on my car is white to light blue. The vehicle in question should have damage on passenger side head head assembly (significant amount of clear plastic left, also orange plastic pieces from signal light/reflectors passenger side). Likely >$1000 so they will need a collision report before any auto-body shop will touch their vehicle.