1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Power button ready condition

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by jbcarey, Nov 12, 2012.

1. jbcarey

jbcarey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    2011 Prius with 30,000
    October 30, 2012
    at the first start of day when I pressed on brake pedal and got the green light on power button as usual I pressed power button and never got ready condition, trying to figure out what is happening I have had this condition occur almost every morning (outside air temp around 40 degrees F
    also when I went to train station to pick up my daughter I shut off for about ten minutes and it happened again.
    can anyone shed any light on this subject

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Low 12 volt battery? Low key fob battery? Interference between key fob and car? Bad brake light switch?

What if you hold the fob up to the power button trying to start the car?

3. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    I'd guess a faulty brake light switch or you're not pressing the brake pedal hard enough.
    I've done it where I pressed the power button a fraction of a second before I had my foot fully down on the brake pedal.
    Now I usually press the brake pedal and wait until the ABS pump stops whirring (2-3 seconds at most) before I press the power button.

4. jbcarey

jbcarey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thank you percy, I will try that and see what happens, I have been doing this for a year now and just noticed this condition, but I will focus on the brake application to continue my investigation
    Jeff

5. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five