1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Power driver seat is broken

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Nancy S, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Nancy S

Nancy S Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Finally had my 5k service yesterday. I had asked the dealership to check into the driver seat as it started making a grinding noise when it is reclined. This sound had been gradually getting worse over the last 5 months. I take a nap in the car about 3 times a week (nothing more interesting than that :sleep:)There was no diagnosis just that they have ordered a new seat sub frame assembly which is on back order. Just noting the forums in case others have this issue.

bisco likes this.
  2. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    are you sure the cats weren't underneath?:eek:

3. Since2002

Since2002 Senior Lurker

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A cat nap? ;) I do the same quite often with my manual seats, I recline it as far back as it will go. In rental cars with power seats when I do this I notice that depending on my starting position and how far back I go, on some cars I hear the motor straining when the seat back starts to press into the rear seat cushion. I guess if was my own car I could learn to avoid doing that. When you recline your front seat do you think you are hitting the rear seat cushion at least some of the times that you do it?

'LectroFuel likes this.
  4. Nancy S

Nancy S Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The grinding starts within probably 6" of starting the recline and continues intermittently for about another few inches and then it stops grinding. Initially I heard the straining when I hit the rear seat, but after the first time of doing that, I made sure I don't continue reclining and monitor for when I reach the top of the back seat. I've also been making sure I am not leaning against the seat when I recline it. It sounded pretty bad today going down and up at the same points. Cat naps are the best!