1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Power inverter install?

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by Kebisho1, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Kebisho1

Kebisho1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Has anyone installed a power converter to the 12v battery for camping/boondocking purposes? It appears to be easier to do on the regular Prius where the battery is in the cargo area. Just curious if anyone had ran the power cables through the firewall in order to install power inverter inside the car. Please let me know if you seen any information on the topic. Thanks.

2. Armen

Armen New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  3. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    so.. its easier for the gen 4 folks depending on how much power you are looking to get.. help me so i help you... what will you be powering? please tell me you dont have a golf cart battery! ive had the pleasure of reverse engineering what i could from a prime and have an easy solution just waiting to see if renogy is up for the task!

4. Randy B

Randy B Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Look up PlugOut Power [https://plugoutpower.com] for higher wattage output from the high voltage battery. [Sorry, my company]

Also try any 12v inverter under 1000w.. good inexpensive solution for smaller power needs.