1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Power Mode gas mileage?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by reginaever, Jul 14, 2009.

1. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Some of us find the common pre-loaded throttle responses of many cars to be atrocious, especially in compromised traction conditions during severe winter driving where 'boy racer' touch-and-feel is a detriment. The more relaxed response available in the Gen3 Prius is more controllable.

At least the Prius gives us choices, so we can select our own preferred user interface. Other cars do not.

Threej likes this.
  2. Coots

Coots Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Excellent throttle response is not a detriment, it is a HELP. You have no idea what you're talking about if you describe it as "boy racer". Throttle response applies to all vehicles.

Throttle response or vehicle responsiveness is a measure of how quickly a vehicle's prime mover, such as an internal combustion engine or electric motor, can increase its power output in response to a driver's request for acceleration.

It's true, their are a select few vehicles where the throttle response is OVER responsive and touchy...

This is true

I also saw an interesting device called the Pedal Commander, that allows the user to adjust the throttle pedal sensitivity to their desire.

3. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    There’s a fella that comes here who created a plug in play module that you connect in between the accelerator and wiring harness that has a better than Toyota stock acceleration which consume even less gas while keeping throttle response time optimal. I think it’s called Pedal Logic.

RMB likes this.
  4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    From my experience, I'd describe it as more than just a few, for some of the winter driving conditions I face.