1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Power mode?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by eddie27970, May 17, 2017.

1. eddie27970

eddie27970 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Have had my Prius model C, package 4, over a year. (my 7th Prius) all others have Power switch. And this model C also seemed to have a Power Mode. But then it stopped the boost feeling. Just recently found out what gives a big burst of power. Put it into EVmode. Feel the power boost to car. Compare to EV off and then on. Love the power boost.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. InPriusLove

InPriusLove Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    In Eco Score screen, you can view power mode on the arch. But in my experience the EV mode is never available (console push-button) in actual speed driving. Yet EV mode spontaneously operates in higher speeds and the EV alone will not give that kind of push. I do not know how your car is doing that. On the other hand, the B gear is a hot-roddy kind of thing if you gun it. It will push the engine like a 1st gear and normalize at traffic speeds. Eco mode does similar but with higher challenge. I do not like the drag of Eco Mode. If you quickly and fully depress the accelerator hard in standard mode the power mode is activated.

3. rjdriver

rjdriver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Power mode? I have a 2012. Do the newer models have a power mode? Never heard of that with a C.

4. InPriusLove

InPriusLove Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    The only power mode I know of is based on the Eco Score arch. It isn't a tachometer. This arch on this display screen has sensitive movement gauging the power levels from EV (where you see an LED light when EV mode is working) to Power, the far right side red shaded area. It is not the same as a tach redline. The CVT equalizes on this plain when fully engaged. It provides the short term power burst and sustainability during a time of need. I consider this to be the closest C equivalent to a standard Prius Power mode that could be available.