1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Power of Nightmares

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dragonfly, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ditto @ Oct 23 2006, 09:43 AM) [snapback]336733[/snapback]</div>
    ditto:

Surely, you did not look at the series we have been viewing. How can you come to these conclusions or are you just trying to stir things up? Ok, it is obvious.

2. ditto231

ditto231 New Member

No, I am not trying to stir anything up. I just want to get enough support and help our troops win the war so they can come home. We need to be safe both at home and abroad. If we don't win this war, they will be over here and we won't be safe here neither.

3. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    ditto please take the time to see the series, "The Power of Nightmares". The link to it is at the top of this thread. It will show you just how our own government created this network of terrorists. We should never have gone into Iraq. Heck, we never should have gone into Afghanistan neither because the enemy isn't the terrorists it is the "IDEA" of terrorism. And WE created and have promoted that to the point where few think otherwise. You lie big enough about something and history has proven it becomes the truth. But if we use a little common sense it is very difficult to see how a few rather unorganized people who are supposed to be living in caves half way around the world can threaten this entire country. It just doesn't make sense.

So, I accept your statement you aren't trying to stir things up. Your comments are acceptable IF you haven't seen this program. But if you had seen it then it is extremely doubtful you would have said what you did.

We live in interesting times but we need to use critical thinking to continue to stay ahead of things these days.

4. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Time for an update...

I started the download of the iso file last night, it took about 6 hours on my DSL connection. Burned it today, it's well worth the effort, you get nice full screen video and a whale of a lot better audio. It opens to a menu where you can select which of the three parts you want to watch. I would advise everyone (assuming you have a broadband connection) to score on a copy of this.

5. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Now all we need is a few hundred million to share with our closest friends. :)

6. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

I've forwarded the link to friends with the note that it is well worth the time, but lacking the will, to be sure to watch at least the 3rd part. So far no responses.

7. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yup, part 3 does a good job of summarizing it. Amazing what word of mouth can do.

8. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I finally cleared off enough space & downloaded it last night without a hitch. Will try burning tonight.

My brother-in-law watched part I on Sunday. He said.... "Wow."

9. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yes, anyone who takes the time to watch it will be amazed. I am starting to think more people are starting to watch it but it is taking time to digest it all. It certainly isn't an easy subject to digest all at once. But suddenly a light bulb will turn on and then that "wow" comes out.

10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

tleonhar: What utility did you use to do the burn? I tried DiscBlaze but I can't get it to work right.

11. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Oct 26 2006, 12:29 PM) [snapback]338687[/snapback]</div>
    I haven't used this but I certainly would try it. It appears to do what you are looking for:

The Film Machine

Best thing is it is free. Just download from the link page.

12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Three60guy @ Oct, 12:39 PM) [snapback]338696[/snapback]</div>
    Oops, I should have mentioned... I have a mac. But if I can't get anything to work on my mac I'll try TFM on my poor lonely PC. Thanks!

13. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Oct 26 2006, 12:29 PM) [snapback]338687[/snapback]</div>
    On my PC I used DVDDcryptor, it's freeware can be found in the downloads section here. I'm not sure for a Mac however you may want to search at videohelp, they have a lot of tools and how-to's for Mac, PC, and Linux.

14. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm curious to know if anyone else has taken a look at this video.

15. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Also curious if anyone has found free mac software that can convert the iso file to dvd for burning. I'd do it on my PC but my b/f's in the middle of a video card install and backup that's been taking 3 days already.

16. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Oct 27 2006, 04:37 PM) [snapback]339637[/snapback]</div>
    It shouldn't need any conversion, an iso file I believe is simply an image of the DVD itself, it is in fact the exact same size as the disk itself. I did find some Mac burning software http://www.roxio.com/enu/store/mac.html I've used Roxio products for the PC and find them quite good.

Good Luck!!! :)

17. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Oct, 06:33 PM) [snapback]339688[/snapback]</div>
    Oh... well I made a copy fine as an iso file, which plays fine on my laptop, but when I put it in the xbox it doesn't recognize it. Maybe the xbox is just picky. I'll check out the Roxio tomorrow - thanks again tleonhar!

18. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Three60guy @ Oct 27 2006, 01:30 PM) [snapback]339629[/snapback]</div>
    I've got it just trying to find the time to view it. Also I have both Roxio and Nero and find that Nero is much more stable and easier to use.

Wildkow

19. fjef

fjef Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Dragonfly - OS X has disk burning built-in. Simply drag the disk image into the left pane of Disk Utility and click burn - that's it.

20. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fjef @ Oct, 06:15 AM) [snapback]341165[/snapback]</div>
    Here's the real question, I guess. When you guys burn your DVD, can you play it in a DVD player? The only DVD player I have is the Xbox 360 which plays DVD movies fine, but won't play the iso image I burn. But if I give the burned disk to a friend, will they be able to play it in their DVD player?