1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Power Window on Driver's Side Rear Door Issue...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Jake_Foster, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Jake_Foster

Jake_Foster New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey guys- I swapped out the two doors on the driver's side of my 2014 Prius due to an accident. I took out all the inner components from the damaged doors (most of the damage was on the outside door shell) and put them into the new doors and installed the new doors. All power windows work great except the driver's side rear one: the master switch has no effect on it whatsoever, and the switch on the rear door itself only responds when the car is in accessory mode (tapping the power button twice without pressing the brake when the car is completely off). Even then, the auto up and down functions do not function, and when the window reaches the top (when it is fully closed), pressing "up" again causes it to open about 1/3 of the way down.

I checked the fuses, and they look good. Window motor seems good too, since it is fully capable of bringing the window up and down. Oh, and I should mention that the master door lock switch (the one on the driver's door) only affects the driver's side rear door lock when the car is in accessory mode (just like the window); otherwise it does not respond at all, so it seems to be related to the window issue. It's like no power is getting to the driver's side rear door unless the car is in accessory mode.

I also disconnected the negative terminal of the battery and waited 10 minutes in hopes that resetting the car's computer would restore function. No improvement. To me it seems like a computer issue, not an electrical or mechanical issue. Anyone have any suggestions? I have tried following various guides on resetting the Prius windows, but they are all over the place and do not appear to work! Thanks in advance.