1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Powered/Air Lumbar Support Install

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by G-Echo, Jan 27, 2018.

1. G-Echo

G-Echo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I finished my Rostra Lumbar Support install. I went with the 250-1453 kit due to the seat warmers that came in the C. Not an overly difficult installation, mostly just time consuming. I figure I have about 4 hours invested, but a lot of that is because I get meticulous about wire management and making things semi-easy to reach/remove.

First things first, I removed the negative cable on the battery and let it sit for a few minutes. As I was going to be maneuvering around the seat airbag system, I didn't want it going off. After that, it was time to remove the seats...the bolts are reverse torx (I believe E10 or E11...If forget now). I unplugged all the plugs and pulled the seat out. After that, just removed a few tabs and got to work...

IMG_1854.JPG

I undid the hog rings and opened the seat up a bit....you don't need to open it as much as I did (I figured that out on the second one) and put the bag system in then zip tied it in place so it wouldn't mov

IMG_1856.JPG

After that, close it up and run the air tube...I put a piece of wire loom over it to reduce the chances of it getting sliced in the future by the sharp edges of the seat.

IMG_1858.JPG

Next I installed the pump on the bottom of the seat (zip ties right on).

IMG_1859.JPG

After that I had to cut a spot of the switch...I used the supplied template on a piece of tape and cut it out of the side of the seat.

IMG_1860.JPG

Next step was to put the switch in, connect the wires and button it all up...

IMG_1862.JPG IMG_1861.JPG

Next, put the seat back in and make all the connections and run the pump wires...

IMG_1863.JPG

After that (and doing the other side) it's a matter of finding a place to ground them and a way to power them and hooking up the battery. I wired mine into the fuse box in a slot that was only powered while the vehicle is on. If you're not familiar or comfortable with doing this, you can easily use an 'add-a-fuse'. All-in-all, I'm satisfied with the way they work...more importantly though, my wife is now a lot comfortable in the seats.

IMG_1864.JPG

Here's the before and after of the driver's side...

Uninflated:

image1 (2).jpeg

Unflated:

image2.jpeg

Attached Files:

skayaks likes this.