1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Powering devices when engine is turned off. (2017 Gen 4 Prius)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by plucas, Jun 15, 2018.

1. plucas

plucas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello,
    Is there a way to power my kdlinks Dashcam and ZUS tire sensors when the car is turned off? I know this topic may have been talked about before. If so, can you give me the link to that suggestion.

Thanks

Phil

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sorry, no. you would have to add a dedicated 12v battery large enough to handle the total draw for the time required.
    the prime 12v isn't robust enough, and the car has to be in ready for the hybrid battery to keep it charged, and the engine to charge the hybrid battery.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Do you have figures for the current draw of your devices, and how long you expect the car to sit unpowered?

What is a ZUS tire sensor, and what does it do for you while the car is off?

-Chap

4. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This would be better asking on the Gen 2 (or is your 2008 a Gen 3) FORUM, owners of those cars would have a better idea than Gen 4 owners - there have definitely been articles on this question.

Or <SEARCH> using Dashcam as the search parameter.