1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pre Collisions System Malfunction and Braking Power Low warning

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by blitz520, Mar 19, 2023.

1. blitz520

blitz520 New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hi All,

Hope someone can help. I have a 2016 Toyota Prius Touring with 105k miles. I just changed the 12v battery a few days ago with a battery from Toyota for this make/model.

I was driving home and suddenly the car was not accelerating and felt weird when I pressed the gas so I took the first exit off the freeway. As I did all these warning lights started flashing with the the dash saying "Pre Collision System Malfunction and Braking Power low visit your dealer". I pulled over and the car wouldn't move anymore without abrupt shaking when I would apply the break. I just called AAA and had the car towed to my local mechanic and will see what he says when he looks at it.
    Any ideas on what happened? The car has been running great will all the maintenance done on time. The only thing I did recenlty was change out the 12V battery which was dead a few days ago. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. DS92

DS92 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    XLE
    Did you ever get a resolution with this?

3. Franklin Corn

Franklin Corn New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    I am having a similar issue. Did this issue get resolved?

I have a 2018 Prius two eco and mine also shut down while I was driving. I’m getting code P3190.