1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pre newbie owner-to-be - which color gets the best MPG?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Ichiro, Apr 25, 2008.

1. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The color that gets the "best" mpg is the one driven by the "best" driver. Of course that color choice is obvious. However, since we're at the end of the model year you may have to compromise on the color or package. The bottom line is that every Prius is beautiful.

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Get whatever color you want, but be sure to coat it with Zaino! :)

I put the Clear Sealer on after washing Rudy, and I can barely touch the car without sliding right off it!! The wind just slips over him like melted Earth Balance (brand spread)...

Oh, and RainX on the windshield.... That helps, too. :p

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    White or silver would be most fuel efficient if the rear panels were painted mat black so it warms the air behind the car causing it to expand pushing the car forward.

4. Jiipa

Jiipa MGySgt USMC (Ret)

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I think that the Magnetic Gray would provide the most mpg as all the large SUVs and trucks would "pull" you along.

5. dwdean

dwdean Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Eric,

I hope you snarfed that up (as long as doing so wouldn't be financially irresponsible for you)! The best "offer" I got here (through the Costco auto program) was $23,500, and I thought I was getting a deal based on the stickers in the Southeastern region (yes, I know that has a lot to do with it.)

I did consider buying one in the SF Bay Area where my parents live, but the shipping would have eaten up whatever I'd have saved. (Driving it back wasn't an option as I'd have had to register it in California and then re-register it in Florida when I got it back.)

If you're a Costco member you might want to see what kind of deal they offer. The best part of that whole experience is that it's "no haggle" pricing with rules about mark-up and disclosure. Really the only things that they can hit you with are the "Little Room" extras (warranties, service plans, etc.)

6. Ichiro

Ichiro Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    For whatever reason, there currently seems to be plenty of Priuses in the SF Bay Area and we had no trouble getting quotes near $22K (pkg#2) from multiple dealerships. We just went to the one closest to us (SFToyota).
    We didn't consider Costco, but should have!!

7. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Give this man a cigar for posting the correct answer. This is pretty much the same theory of operation as a Crookes radiometer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.