1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pre-order Deadline Extended

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Gadgetdad, Jan 31, 2009.

1. GreenWithEnvy

GreenWithEnvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I PMed Prius Team and was told the pre-order offer was limited. I also went to the Prius Connection event in Chicago last night (thanks Jusy!) and there was no discussion of a pre-order there. I was told cars should start shipping in May. I can only hope that those in front of me on the dealer waiting list are waiting for Lithium or a plug-in option.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No, the pre-order is determined by Prius Team. They have a criteria that they're looking for and that will determine who gets onto the priority list so it is not contingent on your attendance at any of the events.

Also, they will not e-mail you. They are not a dealer, they're from Toyota Motor Sales, USA (TMS). From what you wrote, it looks like you signed up either to the dealer's e-mail list or to toyota.com's mailing list.

3. RebelScum

RebelScum New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Thank you, scooper. I really do appreciate this. I actually called your dealership yesterday (before I saw your post) and they told me they were doing this (they didn't mention the $500 off, though ;) ). I believe I will make an appointment to come by tonight and make a deposit. I'll be giving you a call.

4. scooper428

scooper428 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    It was good talking with you. I'll look forward to meeting this evening and will have everything ready for you when you arrive.

5. William B. Kayen

William B. Kayen New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Can someone give me advice. I am interested in preordering a a new Prius. I was told that a select few of enthusiasts were contacted to allow them to preorder at a savings as well as an early delivery. I have purchased 4 Toyota products in the last 3 years and feel this qualifies me as an enthusiast.

I contacted Go Toyota and was received by deaf ears. I am losing interest in Toyota after the way I was treated and want to know who to talk to to preorder a Prius.

Thank you,
    Dr. William B. Kayen

6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The only way you will be able to pre-order is to go through a dealer, which is the normal way. None of us know exactly the method and criteria Toyota used for the Prius Priority Program, but if you had been selected you would have been informed about it.

Tom

7. lightstar

lightstar New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I was wondering how many priority pre-orders were given and if everyone who received the invite actually ordered, since the deadline was extended. If not all priority pre-orders where place, it would be nice if Prius team would forward the invite to others who indicate an interest in signing up with priority pre-orders. It would be a win-win for everyone. I would be interested.

8. William B. Kayen

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I agree with you 100%. You make perfect sense.

9. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I know there is no chance of being offered a pre-order but like hitting the lottery I still HOPE.

10. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think Toyota picked people who have portrayed the Prius and Toyota in a positive light because they believe in the product and the company, as well as people whom Toyota maketing think will spread the word. The priority order is about promoting the company and the car by getting cars in the hands of people who have been shown to promote and support the Prius car and concept. That's my theory anyway. Like anyone else I am only guessing.

I somehow doubt bad mouthing the company or Toyota Marketing will win too many favours.

No, I'm not on the USA Priority Order list and was not asked.

11. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm confused.From what you described as the requirements, I would think you would be the perfect choice. Anyway , before you know it, we will both have ours.:)

12. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This program is from Toyota U.S.; Pat is an Aussie.

Tom

Edit: My typing is getting bad. I accidentally included an extra "u", "i", and "e".

13. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    A Toyota enthusiast? Yes. They're looking for Prius enthusiast. Our family has only bought Toyotas but I'm pretty sure if I didn't have a Prius or had one but wasn't an actve enthusiast, I wouldn't be on that list anyway.

And no, I'm not on the list because I'm not a U.S. resident.

14. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Tom, I was going to have some fun with that.

My typing isn't too flash either, I left the h out of thanks and often leave the R off your.

I am on a Priority Order List with Toyota Australia but I haven't heard of any price concessions.

15. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    As for my typing, you do realize what happens when I remove the extra "u", "i', and "e" from Aussie? You get "Pat is an ..." :D

Tom

16. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I hate to burst everyones bubble, but isn't this a total act of faith based on many unknowns. One cannot test drive ? is this a new form of vehicular dictatorship? I too am enthusiastic about the Prius product, 2001 to 2010, but I refuse to pray at that altar. I have a listing for rare and precious tulips which I may allow loyal followers to get on should they prove themselves. Pricing is confidential and of course just between us. Color and shape to be determined.:cheer2:

17. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No dictatorship, yes an act of faith but it is all free choice.
    Lets say I was a US citizen, and was on the Priority order program.

I get an offer from Toyota to buy a Prius at a good price and be one of the first to own a new 2010 Prius, I can even own it in 2009, how good is that?

I express an interest in buying a new Prius
    I make a package choice
    I make a colour choice
    I wait to hear the price

Toyota name the price

I buy or I walk.

There is no money down, there is no real commitment, the only leap of faith is that the new car is better than the previous model but we all take that leap each time we buy anything. You can test drive a car all day, drive it till the warranty runs out and it bursts into flames. The company that makes it can collapse, what are you going to do? We make judgements about these things all the time, it isn't a dictatorial thing, it's an offer you can accept or reject.

Put me down for some of those tulips on the same terms.

18. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can't even spell!!
    The word is "arse", spell it A - R - S - E.

19. William B. Kayen

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My fourth Toyota is a Prius and I have talked 5 other people into buying a Prius from my dealer. I am very enthusiastic about Prius as well as Toyota.

20. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How would Toyota have known that? They looked for people who had positive web presence I believe.
    I'm not sure half a dozen posts bagging Toyota because a package on offer didn't have fog lights was the sort of thing they looked for.