1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

pre order of Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by poohbear1953, Apr 4, 2017.

1. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    For me, Blizzard Pearl Advanced with Moonstone interior.

iPhone ? Pro

2. upnorth

upnorth Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Your welcome, hope you get some excellent news. I think there might be a glitch in the matrix because although delivery is close - time has slowed to a crawl. :)

3. pkmntrainerharry

pkmntrainerharry New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    New user here--looking to buy my first car (and my first Prius, obviously).

How exactly did pricing and ordering work for you guys? I'm in the Dallas metro where there is no stock, and was quoted anywhere from 8 weeks to 3 months+ by different local dealers via email. Do you try to haggle for the best price when placing the order and pick whichever dealer is willing to give the lowest price?

Also read that some people order it from different states and get it shipped--is this for people in the Northeast where the states are like 2-3 hours apart? The closest available stock I can find are in Indiana, Ohio, etc...

Thank you!

Son of Gloin likes this.
  4. Bob Comer

Bob Comer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My dealer said there was no way they would haggle on an order. If you ordered, you pay full price. (they would haggle on any trade in value)

5. bluzfan35

bluzfan35 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    That's pretty much the same thing i got

6. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I got a couple quotes over list; I didn't take them of course, since I also got a couple at list. I'm guessing it'll be quite some time before they start haggling.

Big picture, best I can tell, until somewhere around this month (5/2017) or so, only a very low volume of P.Primes have been shipped to other than "compliance states," especially California. Around about now, Toyota seems to be starting to ship to the rest of the country.

More to the point, they seem to be starting to fulfill orders from Gulf States Toyota, who supplies you and me here in Texas.

I placed my order in mid-January, and my sales rep claims it should come in around 5/15, although I haven't heard anything from him this month. If indeed 5/15 happens, it would be about 4 months lead time for me.

I'm guessing it would be shorter for you though, since I ordered before Toyota started shipping in any meaningful quantity to "the rest of the US," which again I gather they're starting to do around now.

iPhone ? Pro

7. DickPhillips

DickPhillips Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    My Hypersonic Red with black interior Premium is on a ship due in Portland, Oregon tomorrow! It should be about a week or so until it is ready to pickup at my dealers in Burlington, WA. No price discussion, just MSRP, although there will be some discussion on the trade in value of my low mileage 2013 Prius C III. I bought it new in June, 2014 and it currently has 14,400 miles on the odometer. It is also red.

8. upnorth

upnorth Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Also no stock here in Northern Wi. When I ordered in early January the deal was money down and MSRP no haggling although I did try. Given 4 month wait (expecting delivery this week) and incentives that were available in well supplied areas, if I had a do-over I think I would fly and drive it back. Good luck with your order.

9. pkmntrainerharry

pkmntrainerharry New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    That's what I am considering after reading a little bit more. I realized prices in the Northeast would be ~$3k-4k less, and I'd get it faster. Not looking forward to a 28 hour drive though... Might get it shipped if it's not too unreasonably expensive.

10. upnorth

upnorth Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

#90 upnorth, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
  11. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    So do I... I've set up a folder (Prius Prime Info) in my bookmarked / "favorites" listing.

mr88cet likes this.
  12. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I finally got an ETA: 5/22-5/24, or possibly a day longer than that to add window tint.

iPhone ? Pro

Prius from Dad likes this.
  13. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I haven't been around Prius Chat since "forever", but I just special ordered a Prius Prime / Premium (Blue Magnetism / Moonstone SofTex) on the 1st of May through a dealership just west of Indy, so I thought I'd chime in.

The VERY rough guesstimate from the sales rep (the same one that sold us Mithril, our '08 Prius) is at LEAST three months before it comes in, but he suggests I plan on four... which gives me more time to bolster my down-payment AND more time to study the on-line owner's manuals! In the meantime, I've decided on what the Prime's "personalized plate" will be....

14. Breatheintheair

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Just took delivery on my Magnetic Gray Advanced! It is beautiful...charging it up for first time now. All the technology is a little intimidating. It will take some time to learn this one. I was not expecting it to be here today...still in shock. Ordered it on January 28th. Have only seen one other Prime in the wild a few months ago.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

15. upnorth

upnorth Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Congratulations! The fun and exploration begins.

Breatheintheair likes this.
  16. DickPhillips

DickPhillips Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Mine was supposed to be here 5/15 but the ship was late in arriving in Portland, OR and now they say there is a delay in offloading the cargo, so the latest date I have is 5/23. I hope the delay isn't so they can demo it to a lot of prospective buyers.

Prius from Dad and mr88cet like this.
  17. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yip... about the same time as mine as mine hits Austin TX. Yours is going to...?

iPhone ? Pro

18. DickPhillips

DickPhillips Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    My Foothills Toyota dealer in Burlington, WA. About 60 miles north of Seattle.

mr88cet likes this.
  19. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Love the Peninsula out there...

iPhone ? Pro