1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pre Pre-Collision-System maybe?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cproaudio, Feb 12, 2012.

1. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I had the PCS warning go off a couple of times. The display on the dash showed "BRAKE" followed by rapid and continuous beeping like in this video 2010 Prius Pre Collision System Test - YouTube
    Yesterday I experienced a new warning that I've never seen or heard of before. The car in front of me was turning right and I didn't slow down.
    The new warning I saw was a Prius car much like the DRCC cruise with a diamond warning above it with "!" in the middle of it followed by 3 short beeps. I was thinking "ohh cool, pre pre-collision"
    Anyone else experienced that warning?

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm surprised you could catch all the little details. I had a close call once but I was so focused on stopping short of the car that made the left turn on me that I missed all signs of PCS going off and now I'm not even sure.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've never seen the diamond with an exclamation mark in the middle. In teh scenario you've described above (where someone is slowing down to turn right ahead of me and I'm closing in rapidly), I've gotten the flashing "BRAKE!" warning.

4. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There are 3 different warnings, according to the manual - one is when in DRCC, the car/distance diagram will flash. One is the ! in a diamond, and one is the BRAKE! message. The only difference between the last two (according to the manual) is that the BRAKE! message may mean that the pre-collision brake function is operating. Other than that, both indicate that "there is a high risk of a collision."

Cryptic, as always. I'm sure there's an engineer somewhere that had a very good reason for making the icons different. Sadly, this information didn't make its way to the tech writers who put together the manual.

1 person likes this.