1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pre-Prius Days

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rxmxsh, Mar 18, 2007.

1. JamieS

JamieS New Member

Same with us, for sure. This is actually the first time we've owned two non-American-made vehicles [we have a Hyundai Sonata as well...gas mileage is less than amazing].

2. grimbasement

grimbasement New Member

01 CIVIC. Looked at the Civic Hybrid too but the Prius was better.

3. mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    '95 Corolla. It was my sisters, she sold it to me for $1,500 after I graduated high school (18 when I got it, 21 when it died). $1,500 and I still feel ripped off. That car had so many problems, it's sitting in the drive way with 140,000 and the electrical system is dead. You could see why I fear used cars, I went ahead and bought a used Prius with 63,000 miles on it last week despite that fact...I couldn't pass up a fully loaded Prius for $10,000 less than what it retailed for. Here's hoping to a long and fulfilling life with it.

4. justifyd

justifyd New Member

1992 Toyota Paseo. I had it for nearly seven years and it proved to be a good little car. It got me through college. I always kept track of mileage throughout that time, averaged 32 MPG.

Being a techie kind of person, I've always liked the Prius concept, even more so since they introduced the current generation. Just had to wait a few years until I could afford one. So very worth the wait! B)

I laughed when I saw the tree-hugger comment. I think it's unfortunate how that one aspect gets pretty much all the press. It's amazing how few people know anything else about the Prius and think it's just a stripped down, overpriced, high mileage econobox. It's fun to introduce them to the luxury perks and see how impressed they are...then mention the price and smile. :D

- Justifyd

5. bw3

bw3 New Member

I gave up a 1999 Toyota Corolla which was one great car.

6. PeterR

PeterR Junior Member

Subaru Outback - great car, took me off-road, into the snow, but rode like a family car... and ate gas like one!

Couldn't have bought the PRius if the back seats didnt go down - so far I can carry everything I need....

7. Highly ImPriused

Highly ImPriused Impressive Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brinoch @ Mar 20 2007, 01:56 PM) [snapback]409032[/snapback]</div>
    Ooh, we are kinda similar. I'm trading in my '99 Jetta ("new" style) with 132K miles next week for a new Prius (Magnetic Gray as well). I kinda loved my Jetta (esp. the way it handled/hugged the road) but a boat load of minor to midling repairs were piling up. Also the tiny backseat is just too cramped for our kids (esp. when the front passenger seat can only go half way back with the rear facing car seat behind it). Also I have a 45 mile rountrip commute, so getting into a Prius now for under invoice with 0% financing and a the tax credit was a no-brainer for me as well. Hard to believe I was contemplating several other cars until I test drove the Prius (in fact it was lower on my list than a few others). I was blown away! I did test drive a few more afterwards just to satisfy my wife, but even she agreed that nothing else came close to comparing. Can't wait to pick mine up next week!