1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pre-Purchase Inspection

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rsandre22, Nov 17, 2013.

1. rsandre22

rsandre22 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys, I'm in LA looking to buy a used 2nd generation prius (07 or 08) -- I'm wondering what suggestions anyone would have for me concerning the inspection. I was told by a friend to take it to a Toyota Dealer as opposed to a random garage simply bc the Toyota employees know the car better..Any specific things I should have him look for?

Also, can they check the carfax there for free?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The more consistent recorded maintenance, as well as covering factory recalls the more likely the car will be reliable... The more chill the original driver of the car, the more likely the car is in the best possible condition!

3. salguod

salguod Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just bought my 2007 and generated a long thread on this here as I was searching. There are other threads as well.

Once you have a VIN of a car that you're looking at, you can check the dealer service history by creating an account at the Toyota Owner's Site and entering it as if it were yours. Anything done at a dealer will show up there.

Yazoo likes this.