1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pre Purchase Inspection

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by daisy555, Jul 12, 2023.

1. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I see that yours does look flat on the top though Thanks! To be clear I do know the left side has the asymmetrical softex piece unlike the right of it.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Looks fine from this view. My guess is it is an optical illusion. IMG_2461.jpeg

3. Mr.Vanvandenburg

Mr.Vanvandenburg Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Out of curiosity I searched used, here is one. It looks made to align with the rear window level line, but not sure. Pic is blurry but can see the taper. Looks like made that way to me.
    Yeah the sales thought it was pay day, then wasn’t. Good for you, I am not so strong.
    Out of more curiosity, the vin serial # on the pictured one may be very low, 628. What’s the last vin #’s on “yours?”

2023 Toyota Prius XLE for sale in Beaverton, OR - CARFAX

#103 Mr.Vanvandenburg, Jul 27, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
    daisy555 likes this.
  4. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is what mine looks like.
    So much more expensive with glass roof. I was searching used too. : }

Mine is vin ending in 4283

5. rjparker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Sounding more like its yours now. I would tell the salesman you want it and get it today.

daisy555 and Preebee like this.
  6. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I understand the asymmetry but the top of mine looks more lopsided. Of course Toyota website photos show a beautifully shaped digitally enhanced head rest. Maybe not digitally enhanced because I sat in a Crown yesterday and center back head rest was absolute perfection!

7. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ha!

8. Preebee

Preebee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Used and asking almost 8 grand over MSRP. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

It's probably already sold.

daisy555 likes this.
  9. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I also just checked the website to see if digital camera was available on XLE but it’s not. I was wishing I had added that since the left and right head rests really block the view. Guess I have to learn some new techniques for entering and exiting Prius along with avoiding using rear view mirror. :LOL:

It’s truly amazing there aren’t more cars competing with the Prius. It’s an SUV world. Wil Davis recommended reading about the dangers of SUVs. “High and Mighty”. The little I’ve read online so far keeps me away from them even if they were in my price range.

I still dream of a non existent Subaru Cross Trek hybrid with 50mpg or an updated Toyota matrix (hybrid). I’m definitely back to sleeping well now that I let go of the Cross hybrid idea.

10. rjparker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You can take the rear headrests off

11. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks but then the center head rest would really stick out like a sore thumb. : }

Did any of you notice the fragile fabric backing on the back of the rear seats. It’s all crumpled on the back of that lopsided headrest. : ) Just be careful you don’t tear it while putting anything rough in cargo area. My 2009 has a thick layer of really strong carpet or maybe felt material attached to the back. I guess we were spoiled with quality back then.

12. Preebee

Preebee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I promise you - within a week, you will notice zero inconvenience with regards to the rear view mirror. It's a minor acclimation. The backup camera has made them virtually useless. Side view mirrors are still valuable IMO.

Rear view mirrors are still good for glancing up while muttering, "Wth is this guy on my tail for??" But should we really be concerning ourselves with who's riding our tail?

Just crank up the music, take a firm grip on the wheel, or don't (thx to state-of-the-art lane keep AI :cool:), and enjoy one of the smartest, best bang for your buck (at MSRP) autos around.

By the way, I integrated Amazon Music with Wireless Android Auto yesterday and it works perfectly! And sounds GREAT! All my favorite streams/albums/artists/ from home easily accessible on the screen and controlled by steering wheel. Maaaaassive improvement over the 2019 G4.

daisy555 likes this.
  13. Preebee

Preebee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

14. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok last update….until 6pm. :p

The hyper pristine service manager who is super into the details took a look at headrest and agreed it was more noticeable in the rear view mirror. He supposedly / hopefully gently played around with the foam. He used a level and it past the test. I’m going over there at 6pm to check it out. Desperate for the sale of course.

They confirmed they aren’t going to let someone take it for a test drive until I’ve said yes or no tonight.

Now I need to let go of the crumpled fabric on the back that will catch on things. I only put seats down occasionally.

Preebee likes this.
  15. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good to hear music sounds great! We only listened to radio and it wasn’t crisp sounding like my old JBL. I think reading the manual and making some adjustments will help. I’ll get used to it.

Sorry I didn’t mean the car isn’t a quality car. Nothing is being made as it used to be.

#115 daisy555, Jul 27, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2023
    Tideland Prius likes this.
  16. Preebee

Preebee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Sadly, I fear that is not the case. I'm starting to think @daisy555 is/was not prepared to make this purchase (fully understandable), and is now looking for reasons to convince herself that she's making the right decision. It is tough to watch.

Tell me I'm wrong @daisy555!! :unsure:

Blackat likes this.
  17. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    The cargo liner includes pieces that velcro to the back of the rear seats. So, that should protect the back of the rear seats from anything being carries behind them or on top of them (when folded down).

daisy555 likes this.
  18. Preebee

Preebee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I have the standard system and it sounds GREAT after a little tuning. Move the highs wayyy up, the mids way up, but not quite as far, and the bass a notch above middle. Then move the balance a notch or two favoring the front.

Billy Eilish/hip hop/etc. will obviously sound way better than oldies rock 'n roll. It's just the way the new music is recorded that makes even a factory stereo POP!

Disclaimer: For those of you who are audiophiles running high dollar custom systems, please disregard everything I just said, or continue laughing, your choice. :D

daisy555 likes this.
  19. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I didn’t see a cargo liner in this one. Do you have an XLE? Maybe I should have ordered carpet mats instead of all weather and purchased all weather afterwards?

You are too funny! I’m older but I listen to Billie Eilish etc so that’s great news. Thanks!

#119 daisy555, Jul 27, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2023
  20. Preebee

Preebee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    That great news for those of us who want to see you join the G5 family! :LOL:

But rest assured, they are not desperate for the sale lol. I'm guessing you guys have run them ragged. Good for you!! And they are needing extra smoke breaks! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

daisy555 likes this.