1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pre Warm/Cool Cabin From Key Fob - 2022 Prime LE

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by Joe Cowie, May 2, 2022.

1. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, it's not like or dislike. I just wanted to know what you meant by Grille Block. But if you don't want to share the information. then that's OK. Thanks.

Hicksite likes this.
  2. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I guess since you said you never used a block heater (in one of your posts above), that you might not be up on exactly what grille block is, or the many ways it's been applied over the years, in hybrids especially.
    I get bored real easy in these extended discussions about things that others may not fully understand and / or disagree with. SORRY.
    can't wait for another QUOTE asking the SAME question.

3. alinica2001

alinica2001 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    By grille block he means something ( like cardboard ) that is manually placed in front of A/C condenser in order to totally block air flow through the radiator.
    Sometimes this can be placed on front bumper blocking air intake into engine bay/radiators.
    Automatic grille mechanism on PP in only blocking a part of air intake...

Salamander_King likes this.
  4. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the explanation. That's exactly what I thought, but I was not sure if the automatic grille shutter alone could achieve a similar effect as the manual grill block employed in an earlier generation of Prius without this function. In any case, it would have been an easy Yes or No answer I was looking for ... but instead I got a cold shoulder. Oh well. I have never tried the cardboard or foam insulator in between the slat to block the grille on my Prius including Gen3. It may be worth exploring if I do a lot of HA drive in winter, but I wonder if that would have any effect on the EV range?

5. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    No
    wasn't that easy?
    take a hint once in a while.
    Go on now and post the owners manual pages for the Dynamic Grille Block operations and keep the discussion going. Just as long as you don't Quote My posts and demand I give you the answer you want.

6. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    @vvillovv
    Understood. I don't know what I have said (or written) has ticked you off so bad. If I offended you in some way, I apologize. I thought the purpose of this platform was to Chat. But since you don't want to be quoted and asked to be involved in a conversation. I will leave you alone. I have placed you on the "ignore" list. I appreciate it if you do the same for me so that I don't unintentionally offend you with my comments in the future. Thanks.

#26 Salamander_King, May 8, 2022
    Last edited: May 8, 2022
    Hicksite, alinica2001 and vvillovv like this.
  7. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus