1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Predict my battery life ???

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Chris Wolfgram, Mar 12, 2020.

1. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You read about taxis with 250,000 to 500,000 miles on them. Taxis are mostly being charged 24/7 as they are driven around the clock. Being charged appears good for them. (Or maybe having the computer on is good for them)

I drove 30,000 miles a year from 2009 to 2016. Sadly in two Prius, as a semi ran a red light.

Here are my tips:

Sacramento can get warm: Park in shade, Tint the car, run the A/C, use B mode coming down off the Sierras.
    Skip the manual EV Mode.
    If you have hairy pets or passengers, clean the Battery fan every two years.
    Toyota is required to have an N position, you are never required to use it. Park in P, avoid car washes that have the car in N. The Prius can never recharge the battery in N. Pretend there is no N.

Off topic but you seem to live in the stolen Catalytic Converter capitol of the World. Be aware.

Aaron Vitolins likes this.
  2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There was discussion on this - where someone said that the Gen 4 Cat converters (2 I think) are harder to steal due to where they're located. Not sure how accurate. Though - the rate of miles driven, I doubt it's stopped long enough for someone to get a converter off.