1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Predictive Fuel Efficient Drive vs ECO Accelerator Guidance

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Prime Derivative, May 21, 2019.

1. Prime Derivative

Prime Derivative New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I am considering a Prime Plus, and they do not have them in my area to physically drive (will have to get from in region from another dealer, all they have here is Advanced.). For those of you with a 2017-2019 Prime Plus, can you tell me if the Plus has the Hybrid System Indicator as an option on its multi-function display, and if so, does the blue bar (ECO Accelerator Guide) appear? I do not understand the difference b between ECO Accelerator Guidance and Predictive Fuel Efficient Drive, and the PDF brochure indicates the latter is only included on Premium and Advanced trims. Thanks.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Hybrid System Indicator and Eco Accerlator Guide is standard on all Prime models.

Predictive Efficient Drive uses the navigation system to mark areas where you frequently come to a stop (e.g. traffic light or stop sign) and when you lift off the accelerator as you approach one of these markers, the car will increase regen automatically in anticipation of the stop.

Eco Accelerator Guide simply guides you to the amount of acceleration needed for efficient driving.

jb in NE likes this.
  3. PT Guy

PT Guy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Is there a difference in how the Plus and Advanced drive? Difference in seat shape or comfort? I don't think so, but....

The features you mention are fluff. The blue worm on the display isn't very useful--keep looking out the windscreen, not at the display. The other thing is very slightly useful at forecasting when you'll need gas...unless a headwind increases or something else happens the system can't see.

EyePrime likes this.
  4. Prime Derivative

Prime Derivative New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Re: calling these features fluff, I’d potentially agree with the latter, but not the former. See link below...this is cool feature of this car and is one of the draws for me to the Prime. If I thought it fluff I’d buy a Corolla.

5. jb in NE

jb in NE Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    There was a noticeable difference in seats (at least to me) between the Plus and the Premium/Advanced, which have adjustable lumbar support. For me, that ruled out the Plus.

Other than that, they drove identically (same powertrain, tires, etc.)

I have a different perspective. That feature is the most fluffy of the bunch, and I wish I could erase it from that screen and put some useful information there instead.

#5 jb in NE, May 24, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2019