1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prepurchased Maintenance car care and returned it

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by serrld113, Apr 29, 2016.

1. serrld113

serrld113 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi guys,

3 days ago I bought my very first car: a certified used 2012 Prius. While in the finance office with the finance guy I let him sell me the prepaid car care and the tire and wheel warranties and as soon as I got home I realized I had made a huge mistake. I went in the next day and signed a paper to cancel both. He said the payment amount would not change and that my first payment was still due in June.

After reading around I found out that since the warranties were included and financed by the loan, that the return was going towards the principal of the loan and that I'd have a few payments less at the end of the loan.

Can anyone explain this process a little better to me? I want to know if it is possible to put the return towards the first few payments or if it's better to leave it at the end of the loan. Also, does this mean I won't really "see" the refund in the loan until the very end or when I log in to southeast toyota financial (when they finally send me my account info) will I be able to see the refund as applied towards the principal sometime soon. What's gonna happen to that refund if I decide to refinance through someone else in the future?

I have called him back but he wasn't in the office and no one else in finance wanted to talk to me about this.

2. ILuvMyPriusToo

ILuvMyPriusToo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I would think it would just drop the amount financed and depending on the arrangement that might drop your monthly payments or reduce the total number (if the monthly amount is fixed). The finance guy is the best one to answer the question.