1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Presets and reset with battery change?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by gliderman, May 1, 2015.

1. gliderman

gliderman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What presets are lost when the battery is disconnected on a Gen3 2010 Prius? Anything need to be reset? I bought a new battery since mine is almost 6 yrs old and I am going to install it this weekend. I dont think it needs it, but I dont want to take any chances.

Also I plan on changing the brake pads and will be disconnecting the battery then also. Along with some other maintenance.

Thanks!

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Radio presets, trip meters, maybe auto-up on some windows.

The latter requires you to run the window down, then run it up holding switch up, then continue to hold switch up for 2 seconds more. I think.

There are memory saver tactics, but it's no big deal.

3. gliderman

gliderman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What about reverse beeps, door lock/unlock settings, seat belt warnings, etc?

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Door lock/unlock stayed as-is for me, and I believe I did have to change it, to be unlock all when touching the door handle.

The other two I've not customized, I suspect you'ld have to redo.

If that involves the dealership, more expense, look into memory saver.

I use a cable with 12 volt plug on one end (plugs into my jump pack) and OBDII on other end, but with just the power pins. It also has an indicator light, to verify connection.

Mine is sim to this;

5. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    You can also connect an "auxiliary" battery to the "boost point" under the hood. Do be careful if you do this. Reverse polarity can be very expensive, and when you remove the main battery terminals, there will still be power on them, do don't let the positive fall to the chassis. I use a gel cell alarm battery. Inexpensive and nice and small.
    For the brake work you will just have to reprogram.