1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

President-elect in '08

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by livelychick, Jan 26, 2007.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jan 26 2007, 03:09 PM) [snapback]381390[/snapback]</div>
    I will stand up for the B-man on this one. His use of "Rudy" has no ulterior motive whatsoever. It derives from the fact that he cannot spell "Giuliani," and does not want to be bothered to look it up.

2. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jan 27 2007, 11:28 AM) [snapback]381662[/snapback]</div>
    Teehee... :lol: :lol:

3. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

I once ran for and won election to a local political office. It was a very unsettling year for me. Talk about damned if you do and damned if you don't. It was the most thankless job I ever had. The non profit volunteer work I do has more personal 'payback'. I guess politicians are born, not made.

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Jan 27 2007, 09:34 AM) [snapback]381689[/snapback]</div>
    That's on the Right on the Left they are hatched. :p

Wildkow

5. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Jan 26 2007, 01:28 PM) [snapback]381230[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, it's currently 31%. You need to be careful about using outdated numbers. :)

6. livelychick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    My bad--thanks for the update! His approval rating is definitely in a free-fall. Hell, that should be another thread!

7. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Al Sharpton is thinking about running in 08...

8. livelychick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Jan 28 2007, 10:08 PM) [snapback]382125[/snapback]</div>
    And my response to that is a big ol' "So?" I don't think he truly wants the job. I think he wants to be part of the debate, to shake things up a bit. He said as much in '04.

9. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Jan 26 2007, 02:03 PM) [snapback]381164[/snapback]</div>
    ca-ching! First off the bat on personal attacks!

If I had a nickel for...

...oh nevermind... lol

10. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Oh please, God, deliver us from Hillary. If that twit is the actual democratic candidate, I'm voting republican and I will do it so don't think that that's an empty threat. If McCain is the republican candidate, it'll hurt but it will be better than Hillary. That'll probably be what happens though. Hillary won't be a real challenge; a nice middle-of-the-road dyed-in-the-wool bleeding heart liberal without a spine or an original thought and McCain is the only hawk who won't back down on the Iraq war. Ugh, the election of 2008 and the months leading up to it will be nauseating. BLEEECH! I'm already feeling a little queasy

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 26 2007, 10:27 AM) [snapback]381080[/snapback]</div>
    Nice one dbermanmd!

Good answer!!!! B)

12. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PA @ Jan 27 2007, 05:37 PM) [snapback]381794[/snapback]</div>
    latest CBS poll down to 28%. Can you say "double impeachment"?

http://www.impeachbush.org/site/News2?JSer...ws_iv_ctrl=1061

Articles of Impeachment

of

President George W. Bush

and

Vice President Richard B. Cheney,
    Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice,
    Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, and
    Attorney General Alberto Gonzales

13. TimBikes

TimBikes New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Jan 29 2007, 07:27 AM) [snapback]382255[/snapback]</div>
    As a lifelong conservative - I would be inclined to agree... except...

I'm starting to see this a bit differently. I used to despise the woman. But apparently she is pretty well liked by her constituency in NY. OK, I know, what do you expect, it's NY. But seriously, she has represented them pretty well, from what I have heard. And she has moved pretty dramatically toward the center from what I can tell. I'm not saying I'd vote for her, but after 2 terms of GWB, I'm starting to wonder if it really matters who is in office. The country still goes on. So I don't think she would be any worse than the pseudo-conservative clown we have running the show now.

14. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

Just give me the job. After four years of me you'll love whoever is elected. :p

15. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TimBikes @ Jan 30 2007, 12:07 AM) [snapback]382662[/snapback]</div>
    Good points. Hillary is a mediocre politician though. So are a lot of the so-called frontrunners in both parties. Perhaps they serve their contituency but is that really useful on the national level? Being able to defend your contituency when you're a senator or a govenor isn't necessarily, in fact probably not, a sign that you'd be good at defending the U.S. from the myriad problems that face it abroad. Then you have a neophyte in D.C. in Obama. Is he really going to be able to lead this country or are we just enamored because he's different? I think that what we need is a fresh, different approach to this country's problems and I don't see Hillary, who is most definitely part of the system and, therefore, part of the problem, as being someone who has that approach. It's certainly valid that she, along with most of our representatives in D.C. from the democratic party, didn't know about the misrepresentations that George used to invade Iraq but do we really want someone like that in the Oval office who doesn't know how, or doesn't have the stomach, to fight a bigger opponent? Someone whose response to the invasion was meek and to-get-along,go-along then when the tide has turned and it's safe to attack she says 'oh, sorry, I didn't know'? Isn't she tacitly saying that she's not up to the job because she's easily fooled and doesn't bother to really question flimsy evidence and can't fight when the opponent is bigger than she is? Another politician who's good at covering her own backside but will fold when the going gets tough.

16. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

A vote for Hillary is a two-for-one, one being very experienced even in the face of great opposition. Although I refused to vote for Bill, I would give her my vote.

17. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    (
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jan 29 2007, 10:20 AM) [snapback]382252[/snapback]</div>
    MS. ~

Its ok if it's comming from MJ if he gets angry its just the medication talking ;)
    Medicated people know that some times the medication makes you say things you don't really mean to say... :)

This of course is not lokking down on MJ just rather using him as an example of sorts... :mellow: