1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

President Obama

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dragonfly, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Feb 24 2007, 12:03 PM) [snapback]395839[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Feb 24 2007, 03:31 PM) [snapback]395921[/snapback]</div>
    I think now might be Hillary's only realistic chance. If Obama wins and serves 8 years, she'd be 69 when the 2016 election rolled around. I just can't see her being elected at that age. I know we've had presidents that were older, but we seem to be having a generational shift.

2. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Hussein Obama is terrible off script. I think when he gets into the real election cycle, perhaps some unscripted debate, he'll look like he has his head up his own a$$.

As long as he has someone write him a speech and gets a venue where he can slow drawl through it, ya'll get fixated on him and mezmorized until he's done feeding you crap. You keep eating till he's done shoveling.

Which may be enough for him to win because you won't really care when he's off script and can't put a full sentence together. You'll be so glossy-eye'd you won't even notice.

And, that guy can deal with terrorism by trying to pretend it doesn't exist. Maybe he can call the terrorists on his speed dial and ask them to lay off a bit while he's in office.

Hillary is already an old hag. I think so much so, that even face surgery isn't going to have made her electable.

3. BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD New Member

We all know how articulate Bush is. :lol:

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Feb 24 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]396018[/snapback]</div>
    THERE IT IS!!!

Why not call him HUSSEIN OSAMA?

5. Mirza

Mirza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Feb 24 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]396018[/snapback]</div>
    Any clue as to where he might get that fault from?

As long as he has someone write him a speech and gets a venue where he can slow drawl through it, ya'll get fixated on him and mezmorized until he's done feeding you crap. You keep eating till he's done shoveling.

Rewatch the presidential debates with Bush and then spout off your idiocy.

I can't imagine what you might look like. Chances are, she's better looking than you given how far she's gone.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Feb 24 2007, 08:59 PM) [snapback]396018[/snapback]</div>
    "The only way we can win is to leave before the job is done." --George W. Bush, Greeley, Colo., Nov. 4, 2006

Too many to quote. Need a good laugh?: http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms.htm

7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Feb, 06:59 PM) [snapback]396018[/snapback]</div>
    Ok, once more, since you insist on getting into people's middle names...

The "Walker" in George W. Bush's name is from great-grand-daddy George Herbert Walker. Look it up and find out where this gentleman and his son-in-law Prescott (GHWB's father) made their family fortunes. Then get back to me.

8. Mirza

Mirza New Member

Touché

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Feb 24 2007, 10:57 PM) [snapback]396045[/snapback]</div>
    Gee. Way too bad he wasn't named George Adolf Bush.

10. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Feb 24 2007, 04:39 PM) [snapback]395983[/snapback]</div>
    Not quite. Barak Obama is a church-going Christian. His parents gave him his name. I don't know how they decided on his middle name, but since his father was Kenyan, and there have historically been Arabs in sub-Saharan Africa since very ancient times, his middle name could have come from a relative on his father's side. Regardless, the man's name is not an issue except to unscrupulous and cowardly people who are desperate to attack him and have no oher ammunition than his middle name. But the man is so intelligent, so eloquent, and so honest; so patriotic and so open to reconciliation across the political spectrum, that I can think of no other reason than his skin color why anyone would oppose him.

Here on Prius Chat all the attacks against him have either been related to his middle name, or else assertions that he is a left-wing extremist, in spite of the fact that his entire political career has been one of modeation and bridge-building. Since only a troll would try to make an issue of his name, and only someone who had never listened to him speak and knew nothing of his record could accuse him of being an extremist, I repeat that I can see no reason for anyone to oppose him, other than his skin color, which, shamefully, is still important to many Americans.

11. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Feb, 10:34 PM) [snapback]396101[/snapback]</div>
    He was named after his father, Barack Hussain Obama, who grew up Muslim but gave up religion before he met Barack Jr's mother.

12. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Feb 24 2007, 09:23 AM) [snapback]395845[/snapback]</div>
    Someone explain to me why for the last couple of years the left has called for the need of more troops in Iraq. Now when they get it they institute a collective conspiracy to "Slow Bleed" the troops out of equipment and training? All the while lying about their "Support" for the troops.

Wildkow

Obama consistently fought and defeated legislation to provide mandatory medical care to abortion infants born alive. In Illinois 55,000+ abortions take place every year. In this regard I believe that Obama is wrong for America and his actions deplorable.

Wildkow

13. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Odds Check as of 24 Feb 2007

The average payout right now if Hilary wins the Democratic nomination is 86 cents per dollar bet in offshore betting.

If Obama wins the nomination the average payout is $2.42. It's far too early for these odds to be a meaningful prediction, but they do indicate that Hilary is, at least today, the stronger candidate by a pretty definite margin.

Kucinich fans have the potential to become wealthy if he wins the nomination - that pays $44.60, but I think a ticket on the Titanic would be smarter money. Dean's already at the bottom of the Marianas Trench with a payout of $53 if he were nominated

Over on the Republican side the McCain payout is $1.36 vs a Giulani payout of $2.19 - a much closer race than the one between Hilary & Obama. I don't think we need fear a Newt nomination - that would pay $37.67, and Jeb's even worse at $48.17. Cheney's worst of all at $66.

In straight presidential betting, Hilary beats the pack at $2.03. On her heels is McCain at $4.07 - and right on his tail is Obama at $4.50. Giulani trails the foursome at $5.00 even.

Finally, the offshore oddsmakers will pay 70 cents if the Democrats win the presidency, and $1.06 if they Republicans retain the office - a very hopeful sign for us all!

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

14. Saddam Hussein

Saddam Hussein New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Feb 24 2007, 06:32 AM) [snapback]395620[/snapback]</div>
    A fitting name for a President!

15. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Feb 24 2007, 06:59 PM) [snapback]396018[/snapback]</div>
    Oh yeah, and there is another GREAT reason to weigh electability...How much better s/he can be made to LOOK with plastic surgery? Oh, heckfire...Ms. Rodham Clinton is over 50, so her face isn't that of a babe...so how could she possibly be believable?

You are so incredibly shallow and sexist, it is really pretty close to unbelievable, here in the 21st century.

Sadly, I DO believe it. It is shallow attitudes such as yours that tell me that, whatever their respective merits might or might not be, otherwise qualified people such as a woman not in her first blush of youth, nor a young, honest black male politician can't POSSIBLY win or even be granted a fair contest.

How shallow are does this show us to be?

16. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Feb 25 2007, 02:36 AM) [snapback]396004[/snapback]</div>
    Can't help but feel that would be a mistake. Hillary may be buried face-first in the right-wing establishment and military-industrial complex, but is McCain any less so? And having seen how hard he's now backpedalling trying to ingratiate himself to the Republicans' Christianist base reminds us of who exactly he'd owe favours to if he achieved office. He's a Republican, first and foremost.

17. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Feb 25 2007, 10:15 PM) [snapback]396579[/snapback]</div>
    I think the "Slow Bleed" policy qualifies the demoncrats as the most shallow political party ever. If any candiate supports this you are a fool to vote for them. But that is just common sense.

Wildkow

18. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Feb 25 2007, 02:56 AM) [snapback]396108[/snapback]</div>

More distortions Wildkow. Obama, on the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, from his first sentorial debate:
    "You know, if Ambassador Keyes had called me up, he could have saved himself a trip because existing Illinois law mandates that any infant that has a chance for survival is provided life-saving treatment. Not only that, you've got to have a second doctor there to certify that in fact that is the case. That continues to be the case, that is current law today, as it should be.

Now, the bill that was put forward was essentially a way of getting around Roe vs. Wade, which is why 21 other senators, Democrat and Republican, why the Illinois Medical Society objected to the bill. At the federal level there was a similar bill that passed because it had an amendment saying this does not encroach on Roe vs. Wade. I would have voted for that bill."

19. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Feb 26 2007, 06:02 AM) [snapback]396630[/snapback]</div>
    Spin.

20. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Feb, 04:24 PM) [snapback]396956[/snapback]</div>
    How is that spin? It's a factual statement, either true or false. It's up to you now to disprove it, rather than just dismiss it because you don't like it.