1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

[Price] 09 prius touring with 317000 miles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by R357, Jan 5, 2022.

1. R357

R357 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hello! I’m new to prius and have never had a hybrid/ev, so this will be a new experience. And I’m not much of a car person to begin with, so buying this car is definitely something I’m unsure about.

That being said, I am looking for a car to last me no more than 5 years. The post definitely makes it sound like it was super well maintained, and probably is a member on here based on how knowledgeable they sound!

Does anyone have advice on this car/price/how much work would need to be done? I’d expect to drive somewhere around 250 miles a week (or 13k miles a year).

Also, I’m in california and don’t know if there is anything extra I should know about. I’ve read the 09 prius cat is highly sought after. The car would probably be parked in an apartment complex’s “community parking” if that makes sense. Basically, not on the street but not in a private garage either.

Please see attached.

Attached Files:

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    do not buy this car. we can't tell you much of anything except that it could get very, very expensive.

this car has exceeded its expected lifespan. and then some.

they do not sound like an experienced priuschatter, except possibly to the inexperienced.

how in the world could a car with 317,000 miles not need any maintenance for another 83,000 miles?:confused:

what could they possibly have done to the interior in 12 years that it would need to be entirely replaced?o_O

#2 bisco, Jan 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    JohnPrius3005 likes this.
  3. alftoy

alftoy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base

Attached Files:

#3 alftoy, Jan 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  4. R357

R357 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thank you for the warning! I imagine it’d be even more difficult for me to manage it given my lack of car experience. Yes, not needing maintenance for the next 80k+ miles sounds silly, even for a new car right?

Nice find!

No disrespect to the owner, if you see this. I’m just very inexperienced.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you would be well advised to buy a non hybrid. something that any corner shop can repair if necessary

JohnPrius3005 likes this.
  6. The Lizard King

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If under $2K, I'd buy it. If any future repair is too expensive, then just junk it.

bisco and JohnPrius3005 like this.
  7. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Curious if the car in question ever had the bearings/shocks/struts replaced, as they didn't list that in the CL posting. Personally had the touring model, and though many perceive it as desirable, it isn't all that or worth any additional value. The 16" rims do look nice, though the tires generally cost more. Gen2 cats have more precious metals than others, hence the desire to steal them, and it only takes a couple of minutes if a thief is slow. You might consider another vehicle, not sure what that might be as even civics are having their cats stolen now.

Which ever vehicle you decide to purchase, be sure to spend $5 on a carfax, especially when purchasing a higher ticket vehicle.