1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Price for new/used hybrid battery for 2009 TCH.

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by AeroMach, Aug 25, 2020.

1. AeroMach

AeroMach New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    ----USA----
    This is a priuschat website, and I saw tons of people sharing different prices for prius hybrid battery costs being from $1795-2200. I did lots of research, ebay, dealerships, junkyard, etc.

The cheapest I found was $4400 from ebay for TCH hybrid battery. The dealership told me $5000. I only paid $3450 for the car. I know about dorman and green bean third party batteries, with dorman being $2500 and green bean being $1795.

Before I just commit to going to green bean, as they make the most financial sense to me. I wanted to take one more look around before purchasing green bean. Does anyone know any tips on finding a brand new or even used original toyota battery? I called junkyards but they either don't answer the phone or tell me they currently aren't selling parts and only purchasing. I got my car diagnosed, and it gave me braking errors along with replace hybrid battery pack codes. Check VSC, Check Hybrid System. Pretty common issue that is apparently the hybrid battery 95% of the time(and I verified with a OBD scanner at a mechanic shop).

For anyone with knowledge on how to acquire toyota camry hybrid batteries, please give me some tips or some leads, As long as it isn't $5000, I can probably manage. Thanks in advance.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    try matt at texas hybrids, not sure if he does hycam or not.

all the best (y)

AeroMach likes this.
  3. AeroMach

AeroMach New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Thanks for the tip! I appreciate it and will follow up on it.

bisco likes this.
  4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Have you actually looked at the battery pack?
    There have been a couple of cases reported of corrosion on the bus bars, metal plates connecting the modules, being the actual problem. Cleaning them was all that was needed to fix the issue.

AeroMach likes this.
  5. royrose

royrose Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    LKQ is a national company that has salvage yards nationwide. Their website shows 2009 hybrid batteries for about $1200. Each listing shows location and the miles on the battery. They are a reputable company.

Here is a link: LKQOnline

When you go to the link it will say no battery parts available but if you just hit search you will get a link.

AeroMach likes this.
  6. AeroMach

AeroMach New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I've heard similar but no, I was too timid about breaking the seal and not getting core reduced pricing for new batteries, the first poster suggesting matt in Texas basically solved my problem for the time being. He does work on camry hybrid batteries and we have an appointment on friday. Thanks for the response!

It worked perfectly. This is the website I wanted before I contacted matt at texashybridbatteries.

I will definitely keep this in mind for future used car purchases and relatives with hybrids as well.

Thanks to for all the responses. My issue is essentially resolved.

bisco likes this.