1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Price Paid on PIP?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by brighamwj, Oct 9, 2012.

1. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    2001 Prius to 2013 PiP must be quite an upgrade. Enjoy!

2. Johnny C

Johnny C Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think you got the record for best PIP price ever.

3. JT_Ohio

JT_Ohio New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks! This does not include any state (Ohio does not have any for 2012) and Federal ($2500), but those are tax credits so you must have a tax liability in order to take advantage of them. Hopefully the WV guy who gets $7500 from WV has a big enough liabiltiy for 2012 that he can get that, unless WV allows him to roll it over to the follow year, which would be awesome.

4. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is the spreadsheet for pricing still alive? I went back 10 pages and didn't see the link anymore.

5. arek

arek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I think it's on page 15!

6. J.R. Fisher

J.R. Fisher Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    They let you roll it over if your liability is not that high for the year

7. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    does this include TFS incentives? If not, how much were those?
    just to clarify, the 24199 price does NOT include the value of the trade-in, correct? Also, wow, that is highway robbery to give you only $1k for a 2001 Prius. I sold a 1997 Accord for twice that, and a 2003 Prius for 6 times that! :eek:

8. lensovet

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    WV does allow rollover, this makes it one of the better incentives nationwide.
    yes, the quickest way to get to it is from the FAQ. I was a little busy but just added all these prices to it.

9. JT_Ohio

JT_Ohio New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    @ Lensovet - yes the 24199 price does include the $1000 trade in from the old Prius. As I said i had no choice to either get the new car or drive home the old one, did you read the state of the old Prius, it was needing some help on getting to the dealer... :eek:

I was in an out of state dealer 10 hours away from home and having driving 8 hours to get there.. If I bought the PiP in Ohio near my house (could not have since Ohio was not in the initial states to be able to purchase it, but everyone on this thread knows that) , yes I could have gotten more out of selling the old car for more than the trade in, I could have waited for a better deal. Sometime you have to figure out what is the best.. I am enjoying the new car, with all the bells and whistles on it, as someone else stated in the thread it was a big upgrade. Yes it is, I am still finding things about the car I love...

I was a first adopoter in hybrids in my area when i got it, got the 2001 Prius used on Ebay (in 2002) out from Colorado, flew there and drove it back... another crazy car story I will tell you later... And now I am one of the first Plug-in adopters in Ohio, this is a conservative state and so people looked at me strangely when I said hybrid and now I say Plug-in with over 100 MPG they look at me like I have two heads and three eyes..:p I love pushing the envelope for people...:love:

10. lensovet

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I saw that after I posted. I was thinking of doing what I did – flying out to buy the new car and driving it back and then taking my time with selling the old one (and fixing things that needed fixing or discounting it accordingly). So I bought my pip in late September, then sold my old old car about two weeks later, and then sold my mom's 2003 Prius about 6 weeks after. Plus, it's easier to get more money that way, because you aren't under pressure to make a deal soon. And at least here in CA, I could take the car off insurance, so I didn't have to pay anything to keep it.

But yeah, congrats on the new car and enjoy it! I would highly recommend reading the manual…there's tons of things you might "discover" in the process :)

11. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The dealer I bought mine from (in NJ) just informed me their new incentive ends Feb 4th. Both the Base and Advanced models have 0% finance up to 60 months.

Base PiP - $2,500 cash bonus
    Advance PiP - $6,500 cash bonus

12. Johnny C

Johnny C Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Holy crap. I wished I knew that last week. Is this for 2012 only or 2013 models?

13. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think 2012 only as he mentioned they don't have 2013 yet. If anyone is interested for more info, PM me for a contact number.

Advanced model would be sweet. $6,500 (cash bonus) + $2500 (federal tax credit) is $9,000 off. Plus 0% finance for 60 months.

I got $6,000 (3,500 cash + 2,500 federal) off on my base model and I thought I got a great deal. LOL.

14. Johnny C

Johnny C Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah, I got the same deal as you on the Base. I really like the entertainment system, (fake) leather interior, and most importantly LED lights. I think I would have coughed up the difference had this deal presented itself to me 2 weeks ago. Oh well, I guess I have to look at it with a different perspective and say I saved myself $3500+ by buying the Base.

Do you know what is the final OTD price with dealer discount? For example, my MSRP was around $33k and my OTD with rebate is $26.5k, not including federal tax credit.

15. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I don't know OTD price for Advanced model. I got my Base for $25.2k, including federal tax credit... so you got a better deal than me.

16. Johnny C

Johnny C Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think I got a decent deal. I know some got it for $25000 (from Maguire's) before federal credit. Plus the folks in WV get additional $7500 state credit.

17. dmaxwellh

dmaxwellh New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My sister has one in Pittsburgh! She was visiting me in NY during the Thanksgiving holiday. She took me to the dealer to pick up my new PIP and we came home with two of them. These cars are great! Our prices were $1000 more than those listed above. We paid 500 over invoice and had a 4000 rebate.

18. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    And I thought $5,000 was a lot. I just took a look and there is still a bit of inventory of advance models. But, not a lot of base models. I guess that is why the bonus cash is lower for the base and higher for the advance. This will be interesting to see what others are able to get for an advance now in the NJ area.

If somebody purchases an advance, please post your numbers. I am definitely interested.

19. lensovet

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, a lot of dealers actually ran out of base inventory. The advanced models due to their higher prices are having a harder time selling. Now that it's already 2013, they obviously want to get the 2012 models out ASAP.
    $9k below would imply a price of $31k before dealer discounts. If dealer discounts the car another $1.5-2k, you're looking at $29k. That's less than what some people paid for base!

20. ualdriver

ualdriver Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Anyone know if the Prius plug-in is being sold in IL yet? Or is it still only select states?

And I know if I hunt around the answer is out there, but save me 15 minutes and could someone tell me the major differences between the advanced and the base plug-in Prius?