1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Price Paid on PIP?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by brighamwj, Oct 9, 2012.

1. ualdriver

ualdriver Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    There are probably 20-30 used PiPs on autotrader.com with less than 10,000 miles and under $30K. Some are well under $30K. If you do a search on autotrader, make sure you put the keyword "plug" in the search so you don't get all the non-PIP Prius. Many of them appear to be selling in the NE, too.

2. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    You can get a new Prius for 23k after all incentives, why would you ever buy a used one? Unless it was under 20k.

fortytwok likes this.
  3. ualdriver

ualdriver Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Well I guess then do the guy a favor from post #800 in this thread and tell him how he can get a PiP that stickers for 32.7K for 23K in the northeast? That is almost 10K in incentives.

4. lensovet

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    So apparently toyota killed all incentives for April. That certainly makes things difficult.
    Take a look at the spreadsheet. Sale prices of 27k were not uncommon a few weeks ago. The previous poster is in CA, so that's another 4k of government incentives. So there's the 23k number I was talking about.
    Some of TFS offers end on 4/15. Others end on 4/30. Regardless, I'd wait for the incentives to come back – the cars aren't exactly selling like hot cakes.

5. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :sick:Toyota's zero percent financing ranks as my favorite incentive and fondest memory of any car deal in my life. I took 100% advantage and rolled every cent of my deal into their offer. Toyota paid for my 2012 Prius Plug "in Advance", and I'll reimburse them 1/60th of the cost per month over five years. Prius Plug In Advance, now it all makes sense:D. Can't speak for any one else, but it's a missed opportunity if not used.

fortytwok and SAronian like this.
  6. azbluesky

azbluesky New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There is a $4,650 incentive (at least at NY/NJ/CT area) for 2013 model, till end of April, may wait for bigger incentive to come back. Here is the offer details:

Offer ends 4/30/13, cannot be combined and is subject to availability. On approved credit from Toyota Financial Services. 0.0% APR financing for 60 months with $16.67 per $1,000 borrowed. Annual Percentage Rate available to buyers with approved Tier I+ through Tier I (excellent) credit through Toyota Financial. Down payment may be required. Varies by region. See participating dealer for details. *Covers normal factory scheduled service for 2 years or 25K miles, whichever comes first. The new Toyota vehicle cannot be part of a rental or commercial fleet or a livery or taxi vehicle. See participating dealer for complete plan details. Does not include College Grad or Military Rebate. See Dealer for details on Special Lease offer. $4,650 TFS Finance Cash provided by TFS. $5,300 Lease Bonus Cash provided by TFS. Offers valid from and you must take delivery from Dealer stock between 04/02/2013 to 04/30/2013. Offers cannot be combined.
    Offers available in NY, NJ, and CT. Dealer sets final price. Contact Dealer for details. We make every effort to present current and accurate incentive and special lease information on the website. However, please contact the Dealer directly to confirm complete details.

lensovet likes this.
  7. azbluesky

azbluesky New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There are some new 2012 PIP out there, $28-30K for advanced, or $24-25K for base, is that a good buy? or better go with 2013 model? $27-28K for 2013 base.

8. fortytwok

fortytwok Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Bernardi in Framingham - 3 weeks ago - 28.2k w 0% financing - my sales guy was Ron - completely laid back. Quote that price and there's not much to talk about...

9. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Being a new model for 2012, there's little to no difference between 2012 & 2013. If you keep your cars a long time or intend to "drive it to the ground" then the 2012 is your best bet. If you keep your cars only a couple years or don't put a lot of miles on it then 2013 will get you better resale value.

10. lensovet

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    28k for advanced is an absolute steal. I'd jump on that.
    …or wait another 2 months for the price to drop to 26k? Lol

11. Darup

Darup Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks Lensovet for the advice. Finally :) I got the HOV stickers.

12. stearicom

stearicom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Any updates on purchases?

What states have the biggest rebates for 2012 and 2013 advance models? I have a friend looking.

13. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    No deals in my area for PIPs for May.

14. Waterlogged

Waterlogged Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    5/10/2013

Model Year: 2012
    Purchase Price: $34,800
    Invoice if known: $38,000
    Sticker: $40,974
    Model (advanced or standard): Advanced
    I bought this car without any rebates, so it was pretty tough to get a good deal. Most places were offering the car right around $39,000+. I found some in Portland, OR that were all around $34,500 for the dealer sample car (aka track car), but I didn't want to go to Portland if I didn't have to. I emailed some of our local dealers who had a 2012 in stock, and found one with a track car that was willing to match the Portland price.
    If I had been in the market earlier, I could have done a bit better with the rebates, I think, or if I could wait a while, I might have been able to get a better incentive on a 2013, but unfortunately, my 2010 Prius III gave its life in the line of duty earlier in the week, so I had to have a car now. The car still qualifies as new, so I should be able to claim the $2,500 federal incentive next April.

15. wallygeorge

wallygeorge New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    2013 Base PIP Blizzard Pearl with no accessories. Purchased on 5-22-13 from Prestige Toyota in Kingston, NY.

MSRP: $33,415
    Document Fee: $75

Toyota Rebate: $4,650
    Dealership Discount: $1,095

Purchase Price: $27,745

Finance: 0% for 60 months. I put no down payment.

Fed Tax Credit: $2,500
    CA Rebate: $1,500

Price with Tax Incentives: $23,745

I live in Califonia where there are no Toyota rebates, so I chose to find which dealership had the best ones. Seems like MA, CT, and NY have the $4,650 Toyota rebate. The cost to ship the car from NY to CA is $1,000. The cheapest PIP I could find in the area where I live is $33,000. So even with the $1,000 shipping cost, I’m saving $4,255. Well worth it.

lensovet and SAronian like this.
  16. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Great price! Wish we had a tax credit like that in Nebraska!

17. cooljw

cooljw Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Congrats on the purchase! A number of us bought from the East Coast and shipped or drove the car back to CA (I did mine in Feb). Are you arranging shipping yourself or is the dealer? Also watch out on registration as my dealer over-collected the CA registration fees and I had to get a refund from the later.

18. Durham

Durham New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Which state did you buy the PIP from? Did you have any problems registering the car in CA? I'm purchasing the 2013 Prius Plug in from NJ and either ship it or drive back to CA. I was told by one of the dealers in NJ that this car cannot be registered in CA due to different emission requirements. I hope this is not true. According to the FAQ it said that NJ/NY/CT/MA areas are CA compliance. Anyone with this experience please share. I'm supposed to pick up the car next week.

19. cooljw

cooljw Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

I purchased from NY state, picked up the car in person, then shipped it to CA.

The PiP is 50 state emissions compliant so you will have no problem registering it in CA.

The only problems I had registering the car in CA were due to the dealer's ineptitude with the process. The dealer required everything to go through them (the paperwork, the registration fees - which they collected 2x as much as they should have, and the sales tax). I had to get a VIN verification at the DMV and mail it to the dealer, who then sent all the registration paperwork and fees back to the DMV. After that it was a waiting game.

If your dealer is flexible they should be able to send everything to your local DMV first, then when you go in for the VIN verification all the rest of the paperwork and fees is already waiting for you. That streamlines the process.

lensovet likes this.
  20. ffareed

ffareed New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Lawrence Toyota - NJ
    2013 Prius Plug-in Base
    Sale price: $31,419
    Rebates: $4650 + 250
    Document fee: $176.50
    Final price (before NJ tax): $26,695.50
    Finance @ 0% for 60 months.

Prestige toyota in Kingston-NY gave me $31,169 and this dealer, much closer to my house, matched the price by adding another $250 rebate. The NJ sales tax is calculated on the price without rebates. I also added the extended warranty which I can get back if I don't use the extended warranty during the warranty period.

I am hoping to get a $2,500 tax credit next year that can make this price even beter. Now just need to get use to entune system :)

lensovet likes this.