1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pricing, say what?!!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Madeleine, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine Student of Prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi All! In reading though many threads, and after spending the entire DAY on the phone and emails w/dealers etc... I am totally brain-fried. Why you ask? Many threads include postings from people who say you can get a touring for under 1K more in price over the standard. If I could find that, there would be no question, I'd want the touring. I want leather seats... and several posters have said that factory leather is FAR better than deal installed, as the dealer installed doesn't include door and other areas, but costs the same as factory. Thus, I'm guessing I have to get package 5 to get leather.

That said, I'm quoted around 27K for a touring, and around 22K for a standard, no leather. No one is offering a Touring in any package less than a 5.

Does anyone have info on this? I live in Oregon, but I'd travel a bit if it would help.

2. NorCal Rusty

NorCal Rusty RatherBWakeboarding

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi Madeleine,
    I just bought my touring Mag Gry for $25,788 plus tax and tags. So out the door for $27,950 give or take a dollar. I bought mine at Toyota Vallejo in beautiful California. See Jason Sangmaster or send him an e-mail.

Jason Sangmaster - Certified Truck Pro and Internet & Fleet Manager
    Toyota Scion Vallejo
    (510) 847-4653 Direct
    [email protected]

Vallejo first quoted me $26,350 plus tax and tags. I also had quotes for $26.001 plus tax and tags from Fairfield,Ca and $26,110 from Jimmy Vasser in Napa, CA. I don't know if these are to far for you to travel or not. I did my deal almost entirely on the internet and spent 1 hour at the dealership. Hope this helps.
    Rusty

3. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Olympia Toyota (Toyota of Olympia?) has a whole slew of Prius, both standard and touring, in various packages.

You might do a Google on them.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I work in Fairfield so if you end up dealing with them I could preinspect the car for dings and such before you drive down to purchase. :D

5. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Boadway Toyota, downtown Portland near the Rose Garden has four on their website right now. I bought my non touring there last year right at MSRP, without going through the Internet Sales Dept.

If you do just happen to buy one from them, please tell them I referred you. PM me for name and number.

Contact Internet Sales Department at 800-239-2195

2008ToyotaPriusTouringDRIFTWOOD PEARL1039226$28,522.00 2008ToyotaPriusTouringSEASIDE PEARL1039231$28,403.00 2008ToyotaPriusTouringGRAY1039280$28,506.00
    2008ToyotaPriusTouringGRAY1039311$28,473.00

6. road__rider

road__rider Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi Madeleine,

What I did when I bought my 2008 touring, was go to the Toyota web site 2008 Toyota Prius Hybrid and "build your own". You can build the model you want, pick out the colors and options and it will give you a MSRP for that car.

Then what you can do is request a quote from dealers in your area. Request from as many dealers as you want to, and they will respond to you either by e mail or phone with a price on the car you are looking for.

I requested quotes from 7 or 8 dealers in the Seattle area and it was surprising how wide the price range was for the same car.

Doxon Toyota in Auburn was the lowest price, and the least hassle. I bought from them at $300 over invoice for my touring package 6. It was the best car buying experience I have ever had. Perfect except for the high pressure tactics that the "finance guy" was trying to put on for extended warrantee and maintenance service type programs.

Give it a try, but be prepared for a flood of inquiries from the dealers that you request a quote from. Once I let them know that I had bought, they quit calling or e mailing. Good luck,

Mark

7. etawful

etawful New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The secret is to know what the car is worth and you tell them how much you'll pay, not the other way around.

Look on edmunds.com, see what they say the true market value of the model you want with the trim you want is, use that as a starting point. Never ASK the dealer what they'll sell for, tell them what you're willing to pay.

It's always worked for me, and I've never paid more than $100 over invoice for a new car.

8. My2008Prius

My2008Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    On My 2008 Mag Gray Prius 1224 (middle model)

I paid $23,900 with package #3 and was able to get them throw in leather seats from the distributor at no additional charge; this w/o tax tag title. Original price of the vehicle was $25,520.38 with the addition of leather seats but since I have a cousin working for Southeast Toyota Distributors who has a connection to one of the dealerships, he negotiated the leather seats down to nothing.

So the deals are out there, just have to find them....

9. orvisorvis

orvisorvis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm on the Right Coast but... I just bought a fully loaded non-Touring '08 Prius, Pkg 6, leather, Nav, XM, wheel locks, carpet mats, convenience pkg for $27K plus registration. Nearest Touring in the color I wanted was 600 miles away. Couldn't get any information on why the Touring was 'better' other than 16" spoked rims (they do look nicer) and 'stiffer' suspension. Went the route of 'build your own' and internet quotes. Only worked with dealers that actually responded with real quotes via e-mail. Ignored the ones that wanted to 'discuss in person' before they'd give me a quote or would only quote over the phone. You're a buyer. You have the power.:wave: