1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prii are most likely to last 200k +

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 05PreeUs, Apr 15, 2017.

1. 05PreeUs

05PreeUs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    According to a recent CR report, the Toyota Prii are most likely to last 200k+ ( http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/10-cars-that-will-basically-never-die.html/?a=viewall ), but we already knew this.

I could have posted this in any of the model specific forums, but as the owner of a Gen2, "we" will get the credit, if any is due. The article indicates there are more Prii on the 200k+ list than "any other model" and this is significant for a few reasons:
    - Prii have only been in production for about 20 years
    - They are not hot sellers in the USA, so a relatively small number of vehicles on the road translating to a large number over 200k is VERY impressive
    - People who buy them often drive a lot, making them more likely than average to accumulate high miles
    - Regardless of all of the above, to have a smallish number of vehicles on the road equal the most over 200k speaks volumes to the quality of these cars!

Tideland Prius and Rph74 like this.
  2. wrprice

wrprice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    WARNING: The site linked above is infected and attempted to install unauthorized software on my mobile device.

Data Daedalus likes this.
  3. timmyjane

timmyjane Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    230k here.

4. stockdaddy

stockdaddy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I never heard of a car spontaneously combusting when it hits a certain mileage point. In theory lots of cars go 1 million+ miles.

When all electric drive-trains become the norm, they will outlast the gas by far.