1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prime 0-60 :15 sec in EV mode

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by fotomoto, Oct 3, 2016.

1. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That seems to track well with what I've read in reviews.
    I think I remember them measuring those same numbers or at least copying them from somebody else.

Priuses are actually fairly quick from 0-30, because they have two motors pulling them out of the hole, and one of them is 'lectric.
    Priuses also used to not be electronically speed limited below three digit speeds, which means that they're usually faster than pickups which are generally speed limited to 90-something.
    However (comma!)
    0-60 is a whole different thing, and quite frankly that's not what Priuses do well at all.

There's no such thing as a 200BHP Prius, it has a rubber-band inspired CVT, and it has itty-bitty tires that are as hard as a billiard ball.

It's really, really efficient and it has acceptable (same day) 0-60 acceleration, which means that you can drive one on an interstate with the large trucks that ALSO take a reeeeeeeaaaallllly long time to get from 0-60.

G4 or Prime.

Montgomery and bwilson4web like this.
  2. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Two of them are on the Prime.

The CVT on the Prius is nothing like the trapezoidal belt CVTs used on many other cars. Nothing.

fotomoto likes this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

He got:

HV: 10.6
    EV: 12.8

4. e161

e161 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    We tested the Prius Prime acceleration, in both EV mode and hybrid mode. Here's our video of the results:

It feels so fast in EV mode, yet the results show it's actually faster in hybrid. I guess it's just psychological, with the quiet EV mode giving one the impression that it's not working hard? Other ideas on why it feels so fast in EV?