1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prime buyers misled by dealers

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by MNdriver, Jan 11, 2017.

1. hatcher8

hatcher8 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Can anyone give me an idea on how to find a Prime advanced at a good price. I am in Nebraska but would fly just about anywhere to save 1,000.00 bucks

2. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  3. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    There are five Advanced Primes at Baxter Toyota in Lincoln, Ne. Saw them today. $34, + on the stickers for all but they also had some optional equipment on them on them. Seemed like a fair price to me. I think they were shipped from New York to Lincoln.

(NB)

#43 huskers, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  4. Cave Arnold

Cave Arnold Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I bought my Prime Advanced in January from Koch Toyota and took advantage of the $1,000 off Toyota incentive in place for that month. They also waived ~$500 in disposition fee from the lease end. Koch also threw in another year of Toyota care bringing me to the end of my 3 year lease term with no out of warranty maintenance.

I cast a wide net using Consumer Reports Car Buying (True Car) and had sent emails to Baltimore, MD area, NYC and Philadelphia plus locally in the Lehigh valley. I worked a number of deals but most were reluctant to come down below invoice as the Primes were supply bound at the time, early January.

I was surprised when my local dealer found the exact color / options I wanted and had it shipped from Massachusets to the Koch dealership locally with no deal on the table. I went over and drove it and had to have it, maybe they knew that. It was $34,412 with options. My negotiated price was $32,800. That did not include the other incentive of the additional year of Toyota Care. I think I got a great deal.

The other nice thing was that the lease turn in was a nonevent. I had a noticeable scrape on the front side fender that I assumed I would be charged for. I also never changed the tires on the vehicle in the three years I leased it. They were still legal tread, but just legal. So there was also these opportunity costs that were avoided that I add to the incentive.

bisco likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y)