1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prime Cell phone holder

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by ArcPrime, Aug 2, 2017.

1. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    WT Cup Phone. I like to have it close so I can "Thumbs up" or down songs in my streams without reaching. As my eyes get worse with age, close is better.

The Prius Prime Qi charging pad is absolutely terrible (most are). 5 watts max, and I'll bet nobody gets even that much. I use the Apple cable to the 12v cig. lighter outlet in the console and it charges just as fast as in the house.

2. rschlegel

rschlegel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Prime XSE and Premium, and possibly the upper trim levels of the Prius hybrid provides a slot in the console to lay you phone on its side to charge automatically without a hard connection. Check it out in some Youtube video reviews.

3. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yes they do, but it charges hideously slow. Maybe 5w outout, on a good day, and only if your phone doesn't have a case on it and it is positioned absolutely perfectly, and also if it isn't an iPhone Max size because they don't fit in there whatsoever. Use a charging cord to the 12v cig lighter socket or to a USB-C.

Recently, we began the Allstate Drive Safe program which requires a phone to be used always, on BT, and the phone can't move at all, or you lose lots of percentage points on a drive, and POOF goes your discount. Another reason to use a dedicated phone holder to keep the phone solidly held firm. It also requires the phone to have enough charge for a long drive, hence I use a cord to charge it if it is low along the way.

4. Hidyho

Hidyho Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It was designed by a Toyota engineer on drugs who had no idea what he was doing, literally worthless item.