1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prime Dash Bezel Replacement

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by bbqnosher, Sep 20, 2020.

1. bbqnosher

bbqnosher Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    II
    The 2021 prius special edition model comes with what looks like a brushed gun metal flat gloss dash bezel which IMHO makes a massive improvement in the dash appearance……more luxurious.....replacing much(not all) of the high gloss, finger print prone existing dash surfaces. It surrounds the entertainment center, air vents ,etc. See pics. . My questions. Does anyone know if this dash trim bezel would fit the LE version of the Prime? Availability? Difficulty in replacing?

Attached Files:

jerrymildred likes this.
  2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am not sure about the interchangeability of the dash panel between current Gen4 Prius and Prime LE, but they do look very similar. The only discernible difference is the presence of chrome trim on the upper part of the dash panel on PRIME but not on Gen4. If the parts are interchangeable, swapping is not difficult, but the cost of the part may be expensive and availability unknown.

I agree that the current Piano Black dash is high gloss and very reflective thus blinding the driver in some situations and extremely fingerprint and dust prone thus very hard to keep it clean. For those reasons, I decided to Piano Black Delete using the vinyl wrap. Since this was my first ever wrap project, there were a few mistakes I have made, but the overall result was satisfactory. The center front panel was the largest piece and the most difficult to wrap without wrinkles and bubbles showing. I may redo that piece again now I know how to wrap highly contoured panel. @jerrymildred did a similar thing on his Gen4 dash, but he has redone with Plastidip paint which has come out very clean and professional looking. I am sure he will chime in about his project.

Attached Files:

#2 Salamander_King, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    jerrymildred likes this.
  3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That does look nice!! I would guess that it would fit. But I'd also guess that you could buy a decent used car for less money.

Removal is a piece of cake other than some challenges in simultaneously releasing several clips in order to remove the center vents once you have the panel off. On my wife's '07, I removed vents, AC controls, and everything and sprayed it with flat black plasidip. It looks terrific. But I drove it today and noticed that it has a bit of a grabby feel to it that makes it hard to brush off lint. Maybe it'll get harder when the air dries out in a few more months. It's been incredibly humid here, even for Florida.

Removing the panel itself was really easy. Pictures in post #53 in this thread. Why So Few Moonstone Interiors? | Page 3 | PriusChat

This video shows how easy it is to remove the dash panel.

Salamander_King likes this.