1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prime Flat Tire

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by High Mileage, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's a 195/65R15 OEM Ecopia EP20 tire that came off of my Gen3 put on a generic black steel wheel. I had to replace a tire early on during my Gen3 ownership, but couldn't find the new EP20 in shop, so I bought a pair of EP422plus. One tire needed to be replaced was not repairable, but the other side was still very good with 8-9/32 tread left. I just asked the tire shop to put it on a generic cheap steel wheel ~$50. The cover is from Amazon. Just do "tire cover" search, you will find many. I can't remember exact brand and price, but not expensive ~$15. For this brand, the cover for 14" tire not 15" fits perfectly on 195/65R15 tire. Just make sure the cover is for a tire diameter of 25". This full size spare works fine with the OEM lug nuts, but I also purchased open end lugs (5 for ~$10) for this spare just in case I need to keep it on longer. ~$75 for everything, the spare fits securely without any need of tie down in the foot-well of the rear seat with the headrest removed and folded. The storage location does not work if you need to use both sides of rear seats, but I almost never use the rear seats in my PP.

upload_2020-9-30_9-50-43.png

#21 Salamander_King, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    pghyndman likes this.