1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prime in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Old Bear, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Old Bear

Old Bear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I was poking around online earlier today and somehow chanced upon this listing for a 2018 Prime for sale in New Zealand.

2018 Toyota Prius Prime - Plug in Hybrid for sale in Christchurch

There are several excellent photographs on the web page which show the interior configuration, the dashboard layout, and other aspects of the car:

NZ-Prime-1.jpg

The vehicle is a dealer demo. It has an interesting configuration which must be specific to the New Zealand market. It has its steering wheel on the right side of the car but the controls on the wheel appear to be in the same places as the US model as are the three control stalks.

The MID instrument cluster appears to be reversed, thus keeping the speedometer display close to the driver. The shifter arrangement is also a mirror image of the US model.

The back-up rear view camera has an active display with lines which change as the steering wheel is turned. This is a feature which I wish I had on my US-model 2017 Prime Advanced:

NZ-Prime-2.jpg

This vehicle does not have the large display which of US Advanced trim but it does have the Advanced's heads-up projected display and JBL sound system.

The New Zealand dealer is asking NZ $47,990 which translates to US $31,625 at today's exchange rate.

It also comes with a very nice license plate:

NZ-Prime-3.jpg

#1 Old Bear, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  2. Old Bear

Old Bear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    There's one other interesting thing which I noticed about the New Zealand Prime: the EV/Auto button is labeled EV/city:

US-Prime-4-sm.jpg NZ-Prime-4-sm.jpg

In the photos above, you will notice that because of the right-hand drive, the shifter assembly is a mirrored version of the US panel. I do not know why the HV/EV button is in the center position in the US model and on the left in the NZ model.

pokenoprius likes this.