1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PRIME in Seattle!

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Yukyae, Apr 30, 2017.

1. pgaryu

pgaryu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Could you share which dealers they are and the price you agreed to pay?

2. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I agreed to pay pretty much the full price, less any deals that Toyota might have in my region at the time of delivery. Any accessories (I have added almost nothing so far) might very well be at a reduced price. Not ideal, but I like the dealer (Elmhurst) and their rock'in service department and their service techs.

The dealer I cancelled from, no name will be given here (yet) because they now hate me so much for cancelling the order a couple hours after I ordered it, still insists the sale is and was theirs from the get-go. Until I have my car in my hands, I will only say it was also one in the Chicago suburbs. If you find a dealer that is charging mandatory $799 fabric treatment and vin-etch, and there are unfortunately more than one Toyota stealership that does that, you will have narrowed it down.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I though the 'vin-etch' was a regional thing done at the port. As for 'fabric treatment,' I have this vision of an employee with pump-up, tank, smoking a cigarette, hosing down the seats.

Bob Wilson

4. Prime Example

Prime Example Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Seems to me that they aren't so magic at all....they can't even make a Prime disappear.

5. DickPhillips

DickPhillips Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I don't have the car yet, was due this week but now they say next week, but baring a surprise at delivery time when it was ordered March 6th it was to be MSRP. There are always things like sales tax, license fees and they will try to add $150 or so to prepare the paperwork, but that better be all. And they better be good with my trade in allowance. This is with Foothills Toyota in Burlington, WA.. $30,080 for a Premium, which includes $395 for the red color up-charge. This is the second Prius I've bought from them and I've always been happy with them, their people and service.

6. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My trade-in allowance was written up when I ordered, and barring some bad accident or super high mileage between now and delivery, it shouldn't change. I told them I still don't know if I'll trade it. My wife's car has since decided to begin to die. Or I'll see what CarMax might give me.

I doubt this final dealer will screw me over on add-ons. They had my original Gen3 sale 8 years ago, and except for the mandatory visit to the office of the gauntlet of extended warranties dude, it was pretty pain free. I'm about to see if there's a VIN yet since I ordered it 7 weeks ago when I go in for my oil change tomorrow.

7. Yukyae

Yukyae New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hiii guys I'm sorry for delay replies, I'm too busy at work for awhile. I forgot to check the notifications of the post. Does priuschat.con has a app on iphone so we can get notifications? Btw, I got my prius prime advance at Michael's Toyota in Bellevue at March 8. I have ordered it a half years ago. If you guys want to test the car in Seattle, just send me a messages. I live in West Seattle. We can trade more informations about the car. Tbh I don't have any experience of toyota car hb a lot. I'm learning how to drive the prime everyday :).
    P.s the guys he helped me to get the car, his name is Dwayne 2067148766. Guys can give him a call anytime

8. beeh

beeh New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you guys want to order one call Brian at Foothills Toyota. $1,000 deposit. Orders are taken 15th of the month. and they have the cheapest tax rate at 8.5% his number is 360-766-5838

9. pgaryu

pgaryu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hi Brian, how much discount can you offer? :)
    Is the tax rate based on the dealership location instead of the registered owner's address?

10. beeh

beeh New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Right now its just the $1,000 rebate from Toyota. and its off the sticker price. No discounts just cause its all special order. No Costco Pricing because thats only based on inventory on the ground. And tax rate is based off the dealership location. There is just the RTA to factor in which is only people living in Snohomish, King, Pierce County.

We also don't do any additional packages or second sticker on these.

11. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't forget the additional statewide 'motor vehicle sales/use tax', adding 0.3%.
    Buyers registered in this zone should brace for sticker shock. Thanks to the ST3 passage last November, the RTA sales-use tax was bumped up to 1.4% (effective April 1). AND the RTA motor vehicle excise tax (MVET) was bumped up to 1.1% (effective March 1). This later item gets paid every year, with new and renewed registrations.

12. beeh

beeh New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Not for us up here. Its still 8.5% ours was lowered to keep it the same. So in other area's it is in place. Like Magic

13. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  14. beeh

beeh New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ours is 8.2 + .3 to get the 8.5%

15. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I started looking for one at the end of March. Went to my local Toyota dealer in Bremerton and was told that they weren't sold in Washington and they had no idea when they would be. However, they did have the brochure and gave me one. Went online and found three in the Seattle area at three different dealers. Renton Toyota had an Advanced in Blizzard Pearl, which was my choice. It had 5 miles on it with the paint as the only option. It was charged and I took it for a test drive and decided to do the deal that day if they gave me a good price on my trade in. The base price was $33,100. plus delivery processing and handling fee of $885., minus the $1000 Toyota rebate for that month. Luckily, I bought it on 30 March, just before the 1 April tax hike. The salesman told me that it had been special ordered and came from Portland, but the buyer changed his mind so it ended up sitting on their lot. While the sales person didn't try to add anything to it, the finance manager acted surprised that I refused his offer of an additional warranty at a hefty price.

pgaryu likes this.
  16. beeh

beeh New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nice! Good find. There really isnt anything the sales person would have been able to add except some factory accesories. And there really isnt anything but a mini for a sale. The difference in price between invoice and msrp is negligible.

And its one of the only ways finance guys make $$ they gotta try.

17. DickPhillips

DickPhillips Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I just got my Prius Prime Premium from Foothills Toyota on May 25th (Christmas in May) and the total sales tax I paid was indeed 8.5% on the MSRP, plus document fee and license/registration fees, less my trade in and the $1000. from Toyota. I really don't know how that 8.5% is broken down but the basic tax in Skagit County is 8.5%. I'd guess maybe Foothills eats that extra 0.003% the State adds for cars as I doubt the State doesn't get their money. They are good people at Foothills Toyota. I went through the salesman I bought my 2010 Prius III from in 2009, Ed.

18. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Take a look at my second DOR link in post #33. Numerous counties have lowered their local rate only for items that pay the MVET, so the overall combined sales tax doesn't change. The seller does not eat the difference.

My home and neighboring counties don't do it, and I wasn't aware until yesterday that some others were.

19. PT Guy

PT Guy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    By Washington state law, the documentary service fee is limited to $150 and, by law, negotiable. At the end when the paperwork is ready to be signed, just cross it out and say you won't pay it. The so-called finance manager won't let the deal slip away over that, even though he's paid only by commission on the extras he sells.

20. pgaryu

pgaryu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Tax is always interesting... I am just curious, then what happens if you buy from a dealer in Oregon?
    The tax is based off the dealer location if you buy in WA, and it falls back to the owner's address if you buy in OR?