1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prime in the wild.

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by bisco, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Referring to the car or the driver? :oops:

2. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Har, har!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.
    AChoiredTaste.com

3. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    They're both outstanding in their own way . . . :p:D

Prodigyplace likes this.
  4. Prodigyplace

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You're not helping... I am back to my first thought.

When your SO found out, they thought, "I made a good choice. He's mine!". :LOL:

#124 Prodigyplace, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    pilotgrrl and Mark57 like this.
  5. Old Bear

Old Bear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I don't believe that black is an option. And if it were, I'm sure Toyota would have a creative name for it, like Midnight Mystery or Burnished Anthracite or something.

There are six colors:

prime-colors.jpg

Blue Magnetism, Magnetic Gray Metallic, Hypersonic Red, Titanium Glow, Classic Silver Metallic, and Blizzard Pearl.

And, of course, there rumor of Fantastic Fuchsia (believed to belong to a member of this PriusChat forum):

fuchia-prime.jpg

I am not aware that anyone has actually seen this color in the wild, in the showroom, or anywhere that controlled substances remain illegal.

#125 Old Bear, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  6. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Now that baby would stand out.

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  7. Prodigyplace

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You forgot this strange Japanese color.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Old Bear and pilotgrrl like this.
  8. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Big Bird.

jerrymildred likes this.
  9. Stever56

Stever56 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  10. JonW

JonW Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Still haven't seen a Prime in the wild (other than my own of course). Guess that's not surprising since for one, I'm in Texas and two, I live in a town only 400 people. lol Anyway! When I got my Prime last year, I was hard pressed to find a single Prime at any dealership in the entire State. Now I see about a dozen for sale around the Dallas/Ft Worth area so my hopes are high that I may soon see another Prime on the roads!

I have seen a lot of 3rd gen Prii, a Prius C and even a Prius V from time to time in the town I work in that has a little less than 9,000 people. Even saw a new 4th gen Prius the other day. Made my heart skip a beat for a moment cause I thought maybe it was a Prime but as I drove past I realized it was just the regular Prius. Still, another Prius owner is good even if they aren't joining us in the Plug-in world! :)

11. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That look like giant slugs we have around our garden. I hate them. LOL

12. davebernier

davebernier Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Living in northern Vermont, we have more than our share of Subarus, but I’ve seen only two other Primes in the wild. There is a Magnetic Gray one I see during my morning commute (same as mine) and a Classic Silver that lives in Stowe. I see that parked every evening. Kind of reminds me of when we first got our 2006. We went probably 6 months without seeing any at all.

jerrymildred and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  13. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I live in South Central, PA and had a heck of a time finding Prime's at my local dealers. This being said I see two primes on my daily work commute. One in Blue that I pass every day on my way in coming the other direction and one in silver I always see in a local shopping center. I specifically had a dealer go out and get me the Hypersonic Red so I could stand out to other owners in the area. :rolleyes:.

As I said there seem to be slim pickings at my local dealers but hopefully I will see more and more around in the coming months.

14. alexcue

alexcue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I know in CA it's no big deal to see them, but my usual 20 mile drive to work I run into one on the road most every day. It also helps that someone a few blocks a way from me has one too. I'll see them around the neighborhood also.

15. SeattleBicycler

SeattleBicycler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The sell Super White Prime's here in the Seattle area. Not nearly as nice looking as the Bluzzard White.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

16. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The brochure I have for the 2017 lists six colors: Blue Magnetism, Hypersonic Red, Magnetic Grey Metallic, Classic Silver Metallic, Titanium Glow, and Blizzard Pearl. The Hypersonic Red and Blizzard Pearl are extra cost, at $395. There is no mention of Super White in the brochure. I got the Blizzard Pearl for three reasons: 1. Cool interior when parked in the sun. 2. Doesn't show dirt easily. 3. Liable to last longer. I have a 1999 Tacoma that has been parked outside since 1999 and the paint is still excellent. It was an extra cost color.

pilotgrrl likes this.
  17. outoftown

outoftown Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I remember in my younger days when I would wave to other folks driving a 240/260/280Z car like mine.
    Also honking even or waving when someone else had a Toyota Tercel 4WD wagon...first year in 1983 they only had manual transmissions, so they were quite rare. Nowadays when riding my Honda XR650, I low-five others riding their motorcycles going the other way. My wife and I notice other PP's, she's gotten and returned the nod when they see her. No such luck for me. The only time I pulled up next to one, Blizzard Pearl with a roof rack, I was in my 4runner and didn't want to look like I was hitting on the two young ladies in the car. In our area, there are a handful of all the colors here. I got more excited when I saw a Chevy Bolt at the restaurant we stopped at, had to talk to the owner. He had a local dealer trade a Camaro with a CA dealer. Bond lake and park that my wife and walk to and around just put up electric car charging stations. I plan to drive there and now walk a little further. I've never seen another PP at a charging station yet, hoping to spot one at the lake.

18. nanobozho

nanobozho Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I am in DesPlaines. Hypersonic Red Advanced, IL plates. Have not seen another in the wild. My friend spots a white one pretty regularly in Michigan on I96 heading into the Lansing area.

HPrimeAdvanced and pilotgrrl like this.
  19. 7707Prime

7707Prime Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Saw the previously-spotted Blizzard Pearl Prime with roof rack on Houston's West Belt South near the toll plaza this morning.

Both times they have been zippier than I have, but hey, I'm saving EV charge. :cool:

20. Old Bear

Old Bear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Ta-da! Score one more: a Titanium Glow with the advanced trim parked next to me at the ChargePoint station at BWH hospital in Boston.

Primes-at-BWH-2108-05-15.jpg

Oddly, it was not plugged in -- just using the EV-only space to park, I guess. Go figure.