1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prime Owners Getting Shafted with BSM vs Prius owners

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Mavi, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Mavi

Mavi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    So I was looking into the 2020 Prime prime and Normal Prius safety features differ when it comes to safety features between the XLE version

The XLE On the 2020 Prius has both BSM and Intelligent Clearance Sonar (ICS) with Intelligent Parking Assist (IPA) included, while the Prius Prime has relagated this to the 4k more Limited edition rather than the mid point XLE version. This quite honestly sucks as BSM is something they include in lower end toyotas that are XLE but for some reason they've decided to push the upcharge to prime users (I'm assuming due to the fed/state credits).

Anyone figure a way around this like steeper discounts on the Limited edition vs the XLE? I was waiting on the 2020 prime and was hoping by now BSM would finally become standard issue like on the Mazda's. Just a rant.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    BSM is optional on Mazda3 but standard on Mazda6.

The Prius is unique in that it’s the only Toyota in the US that has the complete safety package as standard (that is AEB, some sort of lane departure warning, BSM, RCTA and Intelligence Clearance Sonar).