1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prime Time!!!

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Joshua Laymon, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Joshua Laymon

Joshua Laymon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I probably won't be a popular person here for saying this, but a week ago I decided I wanted a Prime....and now I have one. My local dealers either had none or had recieved none. Pretty sad situation here in the Midwest. I ended up driving to NY to pick one up. I saved about $4000 over buying one here in Missouri, and had the choice of color and options I wanted.

As seems to be the usual case, The dealer didn't have the car charged up for me. When I asked him to charge it while we were doing paperwork they did. When I brought it back to me it still didn't have a charge. I suspect they don't even know how to use their own charger. Due to some unfortunate choices of hotels I was unable to get the car charged at all until I had made it all the way back home 1200 miles later. Even despite that and heading west into the wind and storms I got nearly 60 miles per gallon. That's a pretty big step up from the Prius V that we traded in.

Overall we are very happy with the car. My neighbors probably think I'm crazy because I stood out in the rain and washed the car last night when we got home. I pulled into the garage to dry it off and polish it up. Now I just need to find someone who will tint the back window for me!

I just wanted to properly introduce myself here on this section of the forum. I may have some more questions over the next couple of days so keep a lookout for me!

IMG_4657.JPG

markrivers, Bob Comer, ruby and 6 others like this.
  2. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Mine took six months. (True).

Do me a favor and bang your head against a rock for me.

Kidding! Congratulations on your new ride and welcome to the party!

3. Prius from Dad

Prius from Dad Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Congrats! And now for a lot of learning. ;) I also came from a v (2012 5). Big step up!

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    are you kidding? you are now the most popular kid on the block! great deal, please add your purchase to the pricing thread! all the best.(y)

5. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Man, that shines up nicely. I am doing the same thing. If it rains, I am in the garage cleaning it up.

What part of Missouri is Eldon in? Oh, and congrats !!! You will love this car but you already know that traveling that far for the car.

6. Joshua Laymon

Joshua Laymon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Mid Missouri. Lake of the Ozarks area.

I think the scariest part of the whole deal was that we had never seen a Prime before...EVER. We drove all the way there, looked at it for about 2 minutes, sat in it for 30 seconds, and signed the paperwork. The deal was already set before we ever left Missouri. With the advent of youtube and the hours of review videos on there of the Prime its pretty hard to not know what you are getting. Oh and I love the color, which is what determined what dealership we went through.

7. bentplate

bentplate Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    We decided we wanted one at 9 AM on a Saturday and drove away in it that afternoon. Actually had choices between all three models and a few different colors all within a 45 minute drive. But we pay a lot more in taxes here ;)