1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prime's Incredibly Efficient A/C

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by stevepea, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a light ceramic tint (70% light transmitted) and it makes a huge difference. I can set the A/C at 80° or higher when it's at or above 100° and be very comfortable. I can put my bare arm on the window sill and not feel the UV intensity.

YPizza likes this.
  2. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Mark, I just had the same done to my windshield. When my car sits in the sun for a couple of hours my dash gets really hot, just like it did before the tint. Is this normal ? Anyone installing dash covers?

3. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I can't legally tint my windshield, but I use one of those silver foam interior windshield covers when parked outside and it does the job. Yes, the dash still gets hot when driving in the sun but not to bad when the A/C is on. If you have a good UV blocking tint, it should help, but the car interior is still going to get hot when sitting in the sun, no matter what just from ambient temps.

Data Daedalus and benagi like this.
  4. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just drove across the Arizona and Utah deserts with my family of four. The kids in the back consistently told me they were comfortable, even in the sun in 106°F heat. I had S-Flow off and the temp set between 66 and 70. Occasionally one would complain that they were cold and I'd have to nudge the temp up a degree or two (I like it cooler than most and usually keep my A/C around 66).

Data Daedalus and breakfast like this.