1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 12v battery draining even after replacement.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by JonDriver, Sep 6, 2020.

1. JonDriver

JonDriver New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hi guys, one morning my Prius just happen to be completely dead. I tried jumping the car and it turned on completely however after removing the jumper cables the car automatically turned off. After turning off it would not jump again. I checked the battery with a voltage meter and it was reading 1 volt. I figured the battery was dead and put in a new battery. After installing the new battery the car worked fine for 2 days. On the third morning the car was completely dead again. I checked the battery and it was only showing 6.2 volts. I tried jumping the new battery and it did the same exact thing as the old one. Engine started, but shut down when I disconnected the cables. No lights or anything obvious were left on, so I don't know whats causing the battery to drain.

After reading posts on this forum I read somewhere, on a related issue, that the car should start using only an assisting cars battery. I took the new battery out and attached jumper cables in the correct spots to the assisting vehicle. Prius was still completely dead, no luck. Any advise and help is appreciated!

2. gimmyprius

gimmyprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hey man

Did you get any findings on your issue? Thanks.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    OP looks to be long-gone. You're having the same issue, 12 volt draining fast?