1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2 main body ecu no auto light and fog light function?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Kwm488, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Kwm488

Kwm488 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi

Recently, I work hard about how to add auto light and fog light to my Prius 2. I follow the wiring diagram to do. Unfortunately, the pin 18 (B5) and pin 17 should have 12v, if short it to ground, the function will enable . But this 2 pin no 12v . Is it mean this body ecu no this function? How can I enable it? Can I replace another body ecu?

Attached Files:

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It's not necessary that they used 12 volts, could be a lower voltage, high impedance, etc., as all it needs to do is detect when it is switched to ground.

Have you tried simply making the indicated connections to see if it works?

Perhaps there is a Prius 2 difference, or perhaps there is a Hong Kong market difference.

In the US, the fog lights will only come on with the low beam headlights. Also (in the US) there may be no wire in the harness for the CLTS circuit, so auto will not work unless the wire is added.

3. Kwm488

Kwm488 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    chapmanF. Thank you for your reply.
    I measure that two pin voltage, it is just 0.5v. Moreover, I tried to short it to ground, auto light function nothing happen.

1. I found something different,
    The CLTB pin16 should have 12v when the car on. But my car have 12v always. Just afraid the battery will dry, because the ambient light sensor should work all the time.

2. I found out Japanese main body ecu and Hong Kong main body ecu parts no is different. Can I just my car to Japanese main body ecu to enable auto light function? Japanese is 82730-47280. Mine is 82730-47290

4. Kwm488

Kwm488 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I added the light sensor and wire. And buy the plug to plug it to ecu, I made it like original.

Right now, just the ecu B5 pin 18 auto light wire no 12v, even I short it to ground, still no auto light function.

Attached Files:

5. Kwm488

Kwm488 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am success to add front fog light inductor.

The step here

Prius 2 Adding Front Fog dashboard Light inductor instruction | PriusChat

Btw, I follow the diagram to add the white auto wire and light sensor. But it still don’t work. So I pretty sure the ecu haven’t the auto light function. Do anyone know how to reprogramming the ecu to enable it?

My friend Japanese prius 2, I tested the white wire voltage. It is also 0.5v. Honestly, the auto light function wire voltage are 100% same with my car. So I guess this is a ecu no this program

6. Kwm488

Kwm488 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If I change my main body fuse ecu to Japanese ecu. Is it work? I am afraid my car will have problem. Even I swap it back, the car still have problem.

7. Kwm488

Kwm488 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hong Kong and Japanese ecu are different parts no

Attached Files: