1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2004 batteries keep dying after fixing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Chea-San, Jun 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Chea-San

Chea-San New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I own a prius 2004 for awhile and I noticed that my batteries keeps dying after not using for 3-4 days in a row. I fixed it for 3 times already and still have the same problem. Any input on that. Thank you in advance.

2. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Perhaps whatever you're doing to "fix" it is not working. How are you fixing it?

valde3 likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    time for replacement, methinks.

4. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    And which batteries exactly.....the small 12 V one or the big hybrid one ??

Either way, if the battery is still the original one, it is now about 13 years old and needs to be replaced.

5. Chea-San

Chea-San New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you for all the input. The history of the car: We used to change the whole pack of batteries, but then it broke down again because we didn't use for about a week or so in a row. Then we had the mechanic checked and changed only the slots that had less than 16 vol. And it worked fine again until I stop using for 3-4 days in a row. We have changed 4 slots for four times already.

Should I change the whole pack again? Will batteries pack for version 2006/2007 fit with 2004 series? And is there anyway to maintenance the hybrid car like mine?

Thank you :)

6. Chea-San

Chea-San New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you for all the input. The history of the car: We used to change the whole pack of batteries, but then it broke down again because we didn't use for about a week or so in a row. Then we had the mechanic checked and changed only the slots that had less than 16 vol. And it worked fine again until I stop using for 3-4 days in a row. We have changed 4 slots for four times already.

Should I change the whole pack again? Will batteries pack for version 2006/2007 fit with 2004 series? And is there anyway to maintenance the hybrid car like mine?

Thank you :)

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    here's the problem; you either have to put in a brand new pack from toyota, or just keep fixing these low quality replacements. it's your choice, low cost, or quality.

yes, any pack from 2004-2009 will work.