1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2004 one Master (SKS) key lost other lost SES functionality

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by rameshupr, Apr 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. rameshupr

rameshupr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I lost one master key to my 2004 Prius (Gen ii). Bought a used supposedly SKS key (FCCID matches) on ebay. It works in the slot, so far so good. But, buttons won't work. Now for the troublesome part:

I went on vacation leaving the non-working fob in the car and the working fob at home. When I came back, the working fob is not recognized. So, now I am left with one fob which will not open (or close) the doors. And both fobs will only work if placed in the slot. Any idea how to fix this other than paying 300 bucks to the dealer?

I wondered if this happened as a result of trying to program (chicken dance) the ebay fob. However, till I left on vacation, the original fob did work.

thanks
    --r

2. M in KC

M in KC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Have you replaced the battery in the "working" FOB.? What color is the Toyota emblem on the back of the "working" FOB? What color is the Toyota emblem on the back of the Ebay FOB? SKS/Smart Keys the silver/chrome emblem. Was the Ebay FOB a new or used FOB. I believe the chicken dance only works with new unrecognized/unpaired FOBs.