1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2005 error codes: P3030 and P3000

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Musab Asad, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Musab Asad

Musab Asad New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have Prius 2005 parked for around 5 months. last week I moved the car and all was good. During driving the fuel motor stop working and the car starts to limp. I stopped the car, turn it off and on again, then all warning light turn on (check engine, VCS, ABS, and red triangle). The car moved but it seems like the main battery stopped working.

I read online and I used Toyota Techstream. I got two main codes P3000 and P3030.

I opened the battery and I noticed that Block 3 is melted and disconnected from the ECU connection. I fixed it and checked voltage and continuity for all sensing wires and all are Ok. ( I measured the voltage for each cell and block it was 7.9V and 15.94V for all of them).

I connected the battery again but nothing changed and all errors still showing.

I read the voltage for each block using Techstream. The voltages for all blocks was 15.9V almost. But it starts showing a weird pattern. Block 3 voltage drop to -0.4. Then block 2 and 3 voltage drop to -15.9V then back to normal 15.9V.

Is this still a harness error? or ECU?

any suggestion or help troubleshooting the issue?

Many thanks in advance.

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Buy a new no 2 wire-frame harness from a Toyota dealer and replace it. They are only about $60. That should get you going again

3. Musab Asad

Musab Asad New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is no one available in the UK dealer, so I ordered one from Japan. It needs a week to arrive.

But if the wire is connected, why the voltage fluctuate to zero and negative? can this be an ECU fault?