1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2005 scoops

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Dianne, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I never said I agreed with it, just that I had read about it :)

Personally, this "interpretation" of laws like this make me want to :pukeright:

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Cops may be using this code section to cite drivers who warn oncoming vehicles regarding speed traps ahead; however, I doubt that any self respecting judge would uphold such a perverse interpretation of this law.

3. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

toy yoda... that's great! :lol:

i continue to be very worried about the long term prospects for the tan interior but if it gets too bad i will just order leather seats that have been discussed on here.

and as for color, sometime when i have a couple of grand i don't need i still might have mine re-painted metal flake candy apple red!

4. Batavier

Batavier Member

In the Netherlands (and probably in the rest of Europe as well) every new car has to have an option to adjust the headlights up or down. In the Prius there's a little 'dial', like the one you people have for adjusting the lighting level of the dashboard, to change the beam of the headlights up or down.

No HID available for the Prius over here. Too bad, I like Xenon lights. Nice and white light on the road.

5. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

LOL, yes I do love my ToyYoda. He's coming with me to the WA State PC Club meeting next month. He'll sit on my Blazer's dash with a note that says "Preeus of ToyYoda, it is". Someday soon he'll sit in a real Prius...

Unfortunately, it's not just the seats that get dirty-looking real fast in tan interiors... there are also the floor and the sides (A & B pillars, doors). I am holding out for grey, but may also end up doing like you and just getting the leather seats.

Mmmmm, metal flake candy apple red.... nice! For me, it would be a metal flake cobalt blue, or a pearlescent color-change cobalt blue. That would be sweet. So many mods, so little money... :lol:

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Star: do you realize the founder of Toyota spells his name

Minoru Toyada?

so you are closer than you think!!

the spelling was bastardized for greater appeal to the american market place which Toyota recognized years ago as the place to conquer for success.

7. exces6

exces6 New Member

When you say JBL Audio Upgrade, does that include the 6-CD in-dash CD player?

Do you have the prices for the packages?

8. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Starbug...the flames just show that a friend of mine is old...I sent him the picture and he flamed the car...it really isn't that way...my wife would kill me...

Aarons12...there is/was a silver #5 with leather and wood paneling on eBay.. have never seen that before..kind of neat..

9. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Shouldn't the Flames be Lightning Bolts for the Electric Prius?

10. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    when the picture was sent back it was called: 'ELECTRICAL FIRE'... a little over the top for me.. :lol:

I'm from the era that most everything had flames... the '32 coup that we drag raced and took to Bonneville had flames on the hood that went back to the doors...at 150 mph when it spun you could see where the flames stopped.... the '32 roadster that was only a Bonneville car had the flames that wrapped around the back.... at 207 mph it looked cool...

Not too long ago at a car show I saw a car that had IVY 'gosted' on the hood the paint was a white pearl and the ivy was in a very light green, but put in so that you could only see it from angles..

11. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I think I read that some weeks ago here on PC... in any case, I just finished reading an article linked to the PC homepage that mentioned Mr. Toyoda's heir and I saw his lastname and thought to myself "huh, interesting change in the spelling."

In the case of my mis-spelling of 'Toyota' and 'Prius' on my sticker, it was intentional since it's being stuck onto the dash of Beast Blazer (polar opposite of a Prius!). 8) ...not to mention that a toy Yoda figurine is going to be sitting next to it.... :mrgreen: I love puns. Can you tell? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

12. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Awwww, darn. :cry: Would have been sooooo cool if the flames were real. Maybe you can bribe your wife into letting you put flames on it for real? :mrgreen: I love flames on cars. I've seen several at car shows that had em ghosted on, and others that had them painted in such a realistic way that it really did look like the car was on fire. Can't decide which I like better.... I would love to put flames on Beast (it is a Blazer, after all... LOL!), and put bolts of electricity on a Prius! That would just look so freak'n cool. Fire is rad!!! :flame: :mrgreen:

13. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I like the San Diego Club car.... again, Star unless you want to be my NEW bride...NO paint (other than stock) on my Prius.... :(

14. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    *drools at SD Club's car* Wanna help me steal their car? LOL, j/k! :mrgreen:

Damn I want to put electricity bolts on mine when it arrives.... and Beast is in serious need of a new paint job anyway..........

What if you tell her that vandals came and graffitied the flames onto the car? Heck, you could probably pay some good graffitie artists to do it, and that way claim innocence... *plots* "Gee honey, I honestly had nothing to do with it! Probably some punk kids with nothing better to do with their time....." :rofl: You never know, she just might buy it. :mrgreen:

OR, try hypnotism. Make her think that flames are the coolest thing in the world, and that you guys NEED to have some painted onto your car. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

15. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    oh so the flames are fake??

WHEW!!!

thats good to know... so its not too late for the lightning bolts??

i would also go for a rainbow if tastefully done.

16. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Star...YOU too can have those flames like the SD car... it's a Toyota Promo, they're put on like the clear bra... a mere $2000 bucks and you'll be the flash of Redmond....haha

My bride knows who can get into the garage and those who paint in the night aren't anywhere close... darn

17. rwithop

rwithop New Member

Audio changes?

So I haven't heard of any changes to the audio.

Anyone know whether the radio will come with satellite, be satellite ready, or have cassette option in the non JBL version?

Thanks.

18. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobA\";p=\"36331)</div>
    The flames are a bra? COOL! Now to round up $2000....heh. Flames are da bomb.