1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2006 - Inverter Failure?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Friendlyx, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Friendlyx

Friendlyx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's what I thought. I told them to just replace the pump and I'll bring them the part.

audiodave and Raytheeagle like this.
  2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. Friendlyx

Friendlyx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Update! I want to thank everyone for helping me in a time of need. As of now, we are back on the road trip and just leaving Florida! Basically, I called Tom in Tampa, FL and he was able to talk to the mechanic I was going to. He confirmed that the mechanic wasn't just talking "random stuff." Which was helpful, not only that but I was also shown by my mechanic that indeed the harness connecting to the inverter pump was "stretched" and the wires were showing under the tape. In total I was charged about 450 for the parts, labor and to find out what was wrong. I for sure think it was more than if I just did it, but yet again I was trying to get out quick.

Again, thank you everyone again! Let's hope for no more problems for the next 2 weeks.

ILuvMyPriusToo and Raytheeagle like this.
  4. Dxta

Dxta Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice closures!